dive computer with integrated compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What dive computers also come with an integrated compass. Not looking for a 2 gauge console, but a puck/wrist style that also has the ability to act as a compass.

Any suggestions?

Suunto Cobra3, Vyper Air, D9 and D6. The D9's compass is okay; if I had significant navigation needs I would opt for a separate compass. LeisurePro's site is easily searched.

Check out the Dive Computer Research Tool; so far there are 11 dive computers with digital compass: 6 wrist computers, 1 console computer and 4 dive watch computers.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

The compass on my Luna is the muts. an be read at almost any angle and still has most of your dive data on the screen aswell.

If you rely on a compass a lot I'd be sure to try any you're considering, as a lot of electronic compasses don't seem very intuitive. Just some pretend navigation on land would do.

The best compass I've seen so far is on the Icon HD from Mares. This is the only one I'd really rely on for course plotting and serious navigation. Play with as many as you can, but realize most will not perform as good as a seperate compass.

-Jeff

I used a D9....it jumped around a bunch. I wasn't confident about the direction.
I now use a Icon HD....it jumps around a fairly good bit. Still not too confident in that.
When it really counts, I use my normal compass.

I would not pay $300 extra just for compass functionality....

The best compass I've seen so far is on the Icon HD from Mares. This is the only one I'd really rely on for course plotting and serious navigation. Play with as many as you can, but realize most will not perform as good as a seperate compass.

-Jeff[/QUOTE

How would you know?
Have you tried using either the Galileo Sol or Luna?
In looking at your website, I see that you don't sell Scuba Pro....

I have the Sol, the compass always brings me back to the anchor line. In fact my buddies call it the magic compass......

The compass on my Luna is great, does not jump around at all.

I don't think my cobra 3 compass is any great joy... I love the idea of it, but I think ill get a regular compass for learning navigation

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom