Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhford2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have a good computer diver log to recommend that uploads dives from different computer manufacturers? I would love help finding out how to have a primary computer that uses one program and having a back up...that might become my primary.....that uses another. Thanks!

Does anyone have a good computer diver log to recommend that uploads dives from different computer manufacturers? I would love help finding out how to have a primary computer that uses one program and having a back up...that might become my primary.....that uses another. Thanks!
I use Diving Log 6.0 on my PC and the companion app, Dive Log, on my iPhone. It's a great combo.

Diving Log 6.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log

Dive Log | Native iPhone application for managing your SCUBA logbook

Subsurface

Subsurface

And it's FREE ! And has some serious star power benefactors to make sure it won't dissolve into oblivion.
But no support for Perdix/Perdix AI BTLE downloads (and no time frame for when it might be supported). Dive Log has had support since launch and AI start/end pressure support since early January - they are not free, but are not alot of money and are great apps and a better log choice for Perdix users at present.

Subsurface

Subsurface

And it's FREE ! And has some serious star power benefactors to make sure it won't dissolve into oblivion.

I like Subsurface but for the life of me I cannot get it to recognize my Puck Pro on my Macbook. I can download the files using the Mares Diver's Diary software, and then import them into Subsurface, but not natively in Subsurface.

Subsurface is awesome and it runs on Windows, Linux and Mac. And supports MANY different dive computers.

My Subsurface log has dives downloaded from an Oceanic Atom, a Hollis TX-1, a Seabear H3, a Petrel 2 and someday it will have dives downloaded from my Perdix AI.

When I download the same dive from 2 different computers, Subsurface even automatically merges them together so it only shows as one dive in my log, but I can view the dive and toggle between which computer's data it is actually showing.

And Subsurface also has a built-in dive planner module, too, so you can enter dive parameters for a dive you are thinking about and it will show you if you are planning for a bottom time that is too long and will require deco stops, plus it will tell you how much gas is required to do the planned dive.

And, as has already been said, it is FREE. You can even download the source code and build or modify it yourself, if so inclined.

When I download the same dive from 2 different computers, Subsurface even automatically merges them together so it only shows as one dive in my log, but I can view the dive and toggle between which computer's data it is actually showing.

I did not know that one stuartv Thanks for posting that ..

I did not know that one stuartv Thanks for posting that ..

For it to work, you do need to make sure all computers are set to the same date and time...

Back
Top Bottom