Dive Con obligations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With reguard to the three obligations that SSI has for Dive Cons to stay current, I am curious about dues and insurance. How much are dues each year? And, how much does the liability insurance run? Are you typically added on to your lds' insurance or do you need to purchase your own? thanks, nik

Last edited:
P.S.- I'm sure that policies vary from person to person, i'm just looking for a ballpark estimate of what the expenses are. thanks again, nik

With reguard to the tree obligations that SSI has for Dive Cons to stay current, I am curious about dues and insurance. How much are dues each year? And, how much does the liability insurance run? Are you typically added on to your lds' insurance or do you need to purchase your own? thanks, nik

Not sure what "tree obligations" are, but SSI wants about $75/year. You'll need insurance whether or not SSI requires it. Sometimes this is covered by the shop, sometimes not. You would need to ask the shop if they cover you.

Terry

sorry, i meant three obligations, as listed in the dive con book
they say that their three obligations are:
1: SSI renewal
2: Insurance
3: Dealer affiliation

The shop is closed today, due to a trip to roatan. I was just curious about cost of staying current.

Nikwho...
In order to be an active Divecon or instructor.... you must have
1. insurance -- Some shops split the general cost of insurance between divecons and instructors ie individual insurance is around $500-600/yr (for instructors), (I think around $350-400 for divecons). The dive shop that I am teaching for charges the instructors $200, Divecons $100. The dive shop you work for will set there own rate.

2. your yearly dues to SSI must be paid and current.

3. you must be affiliated with a SSI dive Shop.

hope this helps..

-Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom