Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunday, November 4, 2012
CSSP, Terrell TX
Water Temp: 65 degrees
Air Temp: 67 degrees, sunny
Thermocline: 48 feet
Viz: About 8 feet

1st and only dive: 1 hour 51 minutes

7 mm wetsuit, 7mm hood

A few classes out. Bright sunny day so underwater was well lit down to the thermocline. DUI Tour will be here November 10-11.

EDIT: DUI Tour will be here November 9-11 (Friday-Sunday). Yes, the park will be open on Friday this week.​

Last edited:
Sunday, November 11, 2012
CSSP, Terrell TX
Water Temp: 65 degrees
Air Temp: 73 degrees, cloudy
Thermocline: It's disappeared
Viz: About 8 feet

1st and only dive: 1 hour 49 minutes

7 mm wetsuit, 7mm hood

Some classes out and DUI had their demo set up.

The lake bed in the deep end of Terrell looks like craters on the moon. If you've never seen this, now is a good opportunity to dive to the bottom and see it. The thermocline is gone and there was ambient light all the way down.

Clear Springs yesterday with Diving Unlimited group. First dive in dry suit, vis about 5' water choppy great experience, temp out side about 67 and dropping, wind gusting over 30mph and water temp on my computer 63 at bottom.

Saturday November 10, 2012
San Solomon Springs, Balmorhea
Water Temp 77F
Viz 25-30 ft

First time to dive this location. Great for our purpose. Checkout equipment and test scooter.

Lake Travis - Hippie Hollow / Oasis Wall (Lake Travis Scuba - Giant Stride)
Sunday Nov 11, 2012

Typical lake travis vis. Temps were 70f down to 43' on the hippie hollow side but 70f down to 65' on the oasis wall. Huh?

Beautiful weather top side. Upper 70's, partly cloudy. The kind of weather you don't sweat your * off in a wetsuit and not freezing either. After the 2 dives I dried off and fell asleep on the boat while Robert W, Paul M. and crew finished their tec-45 class. Sure, they got tec certified but I got the boat all to myself soaking up the nice warm sun while cranking Bob-FM.

Lake Travis - Hippie Hollow / Oasis Wall (Lake Travis Scuba - Giant Stride)
Friday Nov 23, 2012

Water temp was 66f. Weather up top side has turned cold. 8 of us were on the boat... 5 in dry suits and 3 in wet suits. One word:

Brrrrrrrr

But it was a nice day.

Lake Murray - Marietta's Landing
Nov 24, 2012

Teammate: Korvette

Air Temp: Cold and colder. My truck temp gauge showed 25F when we pulled up on site. It was in the high 40's when we left.

Surface Temp: 58
Temp @ 32': 56

Vis:8-12' varied. 8 around the platforms and 10-12', maybe a spot or two of 15' along the wall to the East of the platforms. That is a little odd as usually the wall to the West has better vis, but not today.

The good news: While I have been lazy and not posted about 40+ dives that I have been on since the summer at Lake Murray, the vis is not deteriorating as it usually does. I have not been up there when we did not get at least 12' in various areas.

Comal River

It is good to be back on the forum again. I have not dove for the past three months and I was going crazy. I finally went.

Went to scuba the Comal River Sunday afternoon, 11-25-12. Only five feet visability with 72 degree water temperature. Had a good time feeding the fish.

Rene

Athens SCUBA Park 12/1/2012

Water temps ~59F
Surface air temps: 70s at the high
Vis: 30+ feet (but be careful not to stir up the silt)

Date: November 29, 2012
Water Temp: 66 degress, thermocline at 75 feet, 60 degrees below
Visibility: 12-15 feet above 35 feet of depth, various, but generally better than 8 feet except at about 75 feet just above thermocline, less than 2 feet there, then 20+ below down to 100 feet, but very dark.
Comments: The actual entry point for this dive was well out on the "sand bar" to the southeast from the developed part of the park. This area is usually inundated but the lake is at 632 feet elevation, or about 36 feet below normal for November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom