Dive Education (from scratch to Instructor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iuhuhs

New
Reaction score
I would like to check if anyone has heard of mermaids dive centre (located in Thailand, Pattaya) before, and that they offer diving internship. I loved diving and was thinking of moving on with the dive education. :)

I did my internship there and I used to work there also. I am not about to start selling in here but if you want any help or advice then please feel free to PM me, even if you decide not to go there.

Cheers

C.

Mermaid's is but one of two internship programs in Pattaya. We're the other one. Less expensive, better pass rate, more courses and gear included, our own exclusive job placement agency and more. Check us at the link below.

I did a program like this one. Mermaids was one I reasearcher, but it is too far from me. These programs are a lot of work in a very short time. You will get a lot of criticism, like the "Zero to Hero" comment. While it is true that dive instructors dont make a ton of money, it is still a very fufilling job. If you want to get to the professional level and cant afford to take a few years doing it, this is a great way to go. I loved the program I was in and ended up geting a great job less than a week later. As I said, it is a lot of work. I recommend geting a copy of the Recreational Encyclopedia of Diving Manual now and start learning as much as possible. If you commit to the program they can make a wonderful new career for you. Good luck with whatever choice you end up making. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

hey thanks for the response! appreciated. my main concern for dive internships is mainly the quality of the training i will get and the wonderful experience i will go through as well.

like i said earlier on, previously i researched and been through certain forums/discussion. some gave negative feedbacks. like after they reached the place and there's no one to attend to them as the "staff"/instructors there seems to be so busy with their work and divers are all rushing out for their dives. so practically there's like no one to attend to them and they had to wait.

i was actually thinking that if we go for it and when we reached there and experience such negative service/situation, i doubt anyone will feel safe getting attached to the dive centre for internship.

on the other hand, there's positive feedbacks as well. like how fun their internship went and how much they had learn etc.

so basically, i want to go further but im just worried about what kind of "stuff" mainly will i experience during the internship. i prefer training to be in smaller groups

hopefully if there's more people out there who did internships and you guys might want to share more of your experience with me in this thread. :D

many thanks in advance

cheers;

Back
Top Bottom