Is diving in Cozumel, MX a...

• good first experience in scuba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • great first experience in scuba

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,
I am a soon to be (within a week) certified newbie with PADI, 0 dives as of right now; though quite keen on all scuba literature I have come across. In a few days time I will be travelling to Cozumel to finish my required CWDs and OWDs, followed by 4 days of recreational diving. I will be diving with Pro Dive International. Through them I have purchased a package that includes "full equipment rental".
The question I have is: what (hopefully from experience) does this include? Or what would you expect this to include? Lastly is there anything else that is likely not included that would be good to bring/have?
Current conditions are: 60 feet disability@ 60 feet, mild current and 70 Deg. F water temperature.
Thank you for input and recommendations!

Just for fun I''l throw in a poll :)

Congratulations and welcome to diving! You will find ProDive is less of a ‘concierge’ outfit than many others on Cozumel. And the boats will be more crowded than other shops. But, from my experience, they are a safety conscious team and you should have a good time.

Just make sure they know you are a new diver so you are taken on appropriate level dives. There are some advanced sites you may not be ready for yet.

Have fun!

I think full equipment should include: mask, fins, snorkel, bcd, regulators, spg, depth guage. Not sure about computer and wetsuit.

You should ask them to confirm. Different shops include different items.

You might want to buy your own wetsuit.

That's not such an easy question (poll) to answer. I think it can depend upon the diver and the conditions. Most certainly Cozumel is a great place to dive but it can get a little choppy out there and the currents can be rather strong. From my experience I'd say the tricky parts are getting back on the boat and sometimes getting off the boat onto the dock. If you anticipate the movement of the water you should be fine--go with the motion of the ocean.

I agree with Dogbowl about getting your own wetsuit and a "package" may or may not include a computer.

Why don't you ask the shop you are using what they include.

Best bet is to ask them. Their website shows "full equipment" to be a wetsuit, regulator, and bcd". Computers are extra. I'd think that is fairly standard. That will leave you to have you mask and fins unless their package includes everything. Every dive op I've ever dove with had masks and fins available, you just may have to pay to rent them. They offer snorkeling trips so I'm sure they have access to them.

email the op to be sure.

Cozumel Pricelist 2017/18 - Pro Dive International

Good luck, safe travels, welcome to the addiction!

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom