Dive gear express manifolds and bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Single valves have gone up, too. I paid $39 each for left/right long neck modular valves mid-May. They’re $75 each now.

Sadly it appears the days of the $99 DGX doubles manifold are over. The new price is double.
Oh wow, their modular-valves were $40 about a month ago, and now they're $75. I wait waiting until I had about $100 to make an order.

Since I just do sidemount, I don't need the modular valves that bad.

Have the other brands gone up as well.

Have the other brands gone up as well.
Most of the modular-valves I'm aware of have been and still are around $75 (or higher). I did some basic searching in the last 15 minutes, and prices appear to have not changed on any other valves, nor could I find modular-valves around that $40 range.

If anyone finds some comparable valves in a comparable price range, drop links here.

Our manufacturer of the DGX valves has held our wholesale price for many years, and we had a large existing stock and thus were able to maintain our retail prices as well. We also "cost averaged" our standalone and modular versions, selling them all at the same retail price although the modular cost was a little higher. However, we recently received a large new shipment of valves at a new wholesale cost that was over double our previous price... due to their cost increases for raw materials that our manufacturer could no longer afford to absorb. To this we had to add breathtakingly large increases in sea freight shipping costs. Our outbound shipping costs on this relatively heavy item are up substantially this year as well. Unfortunately we aren't Costco, and valves aren't hot dogs. With a landed cost now about the same as our retail, we could no longer afford to maintain our original retail price on this signature item. The difference in cost between the standalone and modular versions also became too great to average the price, which resulted in the three valve manifold doubling in retail price. We hope that some of these costs may decrease with our order next year and if so with our next shipment we will do what we can to adjust our retail prices on valves... although it's very possible that any costs savings will have been absorbed by inflation.

Our supplier of the DGX valves has held our wholesale price for many years, and we had a large existing stock and thus were able to maintain our retail prices as well. We also "cost averaged" our standalone and modular versions, selling them all at the same retail price although the modular cost higher. However, we recently received a large new shipment of valves at a new wholesale cost that was unfortunately over double our previous price... due to cost increases raw materials that our manufacturer could no longer afford to absorb. To this we had to add breathtaking large increases in sea freight shipping costs. Our outbound shipping costs on this relatively heavy item are up substantially this year as well. Unfortunately we aren't Costco, and valves aren't hot dogs. With a landed cost now about the same as our retail, we could no longer afford maintain our original retail price on this signature item. We hope that some of these costs may decrease and with our next shipment we will do what we can to adjust.
Thank you for the response!

Obviously, I can't help but be disappointed because who doesn't love some quality inexpensive valves. Between inflation, supply-chain issues, gas-prices, etc I think a lot of us understand that it's likely economic realities as you say.

If the price does drop, let us know!

Our manufacturer of the DGX valves has held our wholesale price for many years, and we had a large existing stock and thus were able to maintain our retail prices as well. We also "cost averaged" our standalone and modular versions, selling them all at the same retail price although the modular cost was a little higher. However, we recently received a large new shipment of valves at a new wholesale cost that was unfortunately over double our previous price... due to their cost increases for raw materials that our manufacturer could no longer afford to absorb. To this we had to add breathtakingly large increases in sea freight shipping costs. Our outbound shipping costs on this relatively heavy item are up substantially this year as well. Unfortunately we aren't Costco, and valves aren't hot dogs. With a landed cost now about the same as our retail, we could no longer afford to maintain our original retail price on this signature item. The difference in cost between the standalone and modular versions also became too great to average the price, which resulted in the three valve manifold doubling in retail price. We hope that some of these costs may decrease with our order next year and if so with our next shipment we will do what we can to adjust our retail prices on valves... although it's very possible that any costs savings will have been absorbed by inflation.

I figured your cost has gone up and you had to adjust for it.

DGX FTW!

I have the manifold and ss bands on my DBL80s, one year in not a hint of corrosion etc, however i have noticed the Blue Steel bands have a better fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom