Question NAUTEC APEX Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Khalid82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all, I am still working on my reg list for tec diving (never ending), i finalized and bought my main and deco regs/list. and now on stage 2 im looking to buy twinset tanks (steel tall 12L x 2, 300 Bars) and a manifold.

i was orginally concedring the apeks manifold, then got across the NAUTEC APEX Tec-Valve Trim DarkLine / M25 / Air 300 bar. frank honslty i liked the engineer/owner interview, descriptions and eventhoug not important at all but guilty of being impressed by its concept and looks specially the black onse.
1703794628151.png

desciprions: i liked in theory the micro filter, and the HP-Port below the manifold for a transmitter in my case, but i couldnt find any reviews or detailed descriptions or videos, only found very little compliments of it being highend and top quality. not enough to make a decision.
HP-Port

Manifold HP-Port: my understanding is it will reduce a filure point as when it fails just closing the manifold alone will split the 2 tanks and close the failure point, and breathe from the main tank, then continue from the necklace. hence, will elemenate a failure point from one of the 1st stages and mitigate it to the manifold with a one-step (manifold closing) procedure in case of failure. It could be just my wild imagination, as i couldnt find anything online.

im open for any discussions, and if anyone knows any information, know someone who used them, or even have herd about them, please share any infromtion or feedback. thanks

Hello all, I am still working on my reg list for tec diving (never ending), i finalized and bought my main and deco regs/list. and now on stage 2 im looking to buy twinset tanks (steel tall 12L x 2, 300 Bars) and a manifold.

i was orginally concedring the apeks manifold, then got across the NAUTEC APEX Tec-Valve Trim DarkLine / M25 / Air 300 bar. frank honslty i liked the engineer/owner interview, descriptions and eventhoug not important at all but guilty of being impressed by its concept and looks specially the black onse.
View attachment 817995

desciprions: i liked in theory the micro filter, and the HP-Port below the manifold for a transmitter in my case, but i couldnt find any reviews or detailed descriptions or videos, only found very little compliments of it being highend and top quality. not enough to make a decision.
View attachment 817996

Manifold HP-Port: my understanding is it will reduce a filure point as when it fails just closing the manifold alone will split the 2 tanks and close the failure point, and breathe from the main tank, then continue from the necklace. hence, will elemenate a failure point from one of the 1st stages and mitigate it to the manifold with a one-step (manifold closing) procedure in case of failure. It could be just my wild imagination, as i couldnt find anything online.

im open for any discussions, and if anyone knows any information, know someone who used them, or even have herd about them, please share any infromtion or feedback. thanks
I dont know anything about that manifold but sure looks bad ass :).. are you sure that is a HP port on the bottom.. is it advertised as that?

I dont think you gain anything by having an hp port on the manifold unless you wanted or needed to some how save an hp port on your 1st stage. If the only way to shut down that new hp port is via the isolator you would still have access to all of your gas but you would have to alternate regulators to get it vs if it failed on a post you would just shut down that post and have access to all of your gas from one reg. So it does not reduce a failure point but the failure would be delt with differently.

I have some Nautec products like the explorer valves. They’re nice valves. You can turn the knobs with only one finger. Before you buy it, make sure your LDS (or you) can service them. These valves need special tools and they’re not cheap.

I have some Nautec products like the explorer valves. They’re nice valves. You can turn the knobs with only one finger. Before you buy it, make sure your LDS (or you) can service them. These valves need special tools and they’re not cheap.
Thanks for the feedback, personally, i'm only able to do basic valves adjustments but don't trust myself yet on servicing different models that requires specialized tools. checked with few LDS i deal with and non are able to manitain them, but some are intrested to kick-off communications with Nautec. i think i'll go with the Apeks for now as it was the original plan, but i am still very keen to know more about them, and most likely will keep it on my endless wish list. unless i progress to rebreathers, as i am still trying to convience myself its the right next move.

I dont know anything about that manifold but sure looks bad ass :).. are you sure that is a HP port on the bottom.. is it advertised as that?

I dont think you gain anything by having an hp port on the manifold unless you wanted or needed to some how save an hp port on your 1st stage. If the only way to shut down that new hp port is via the isolator you would still have access to all of your gas but you would have to alternate regulators to get it vs if it failed on a post you would just shut down that post and have access to all of your gas from one reg. So it does not reduce a failure point but the failure would be delt with differently.
I see your point, and diffently not about saving an HP port on a 1st stage. for the sake of debate, how i looked at it is in case the HP failure point was on my right post and its shut down, i will also lose LP long hose, inflator and in a movie like scenario the ability to share air during HP port failure. so you are absolutely right as closing the isoltaor will make you altrenate between both tanks and it dosnt eliminate a failure point it just mitigate the risk else where with diffrenet procedure and a single port shud down instead of full side 1st stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom