Dive Gear Express Rubber LOW PRESSURE HOSE RECALL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only at first glance. Content of the letter says they were informed last year.

Danicorp was, not DGX.

DaniCorp was aware of a problem last year, why are their customers only learning of it now?

That's a question for Danicorp, not DGX. To speak like DGX was sitting on it for over a year, is just plain false.

Danicorp was, not DGX.

That's a question for Danicorp, not DGX. To speak like DGX was sitting on it for over a year, is just plain false.
Agreed. I consider DGX and Amron to be among the customers that were informed later than they should have been.
The criticism by @iain/hsm is non specific. It is not focused on DGX, but seems to be directed against everyone in the industry by proxy. Which would then include them in general, but not as specifically withholding info in this instance.

There have been assumptions about supply chain sources that may not apply to these circumstances. The hose material in question was produced by Goodyear Engineered Products a US firm previously a division of Goodyear and recently acquired by ContiTech, a German industrial products firm. Given their long history, it’s reasonable to assume Goodyear understands how to engineer and manufacture rubber hose. DaniCorp, a US firm, has been supplying finished hoses to both the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) SCUBA market and to wholesale distributors serving the local dive shop market for nearly 30 years. It’s likely nearly every long-time diver in the US that has purchased a replacement rubber hose in a dive shop has received one or more DaniCorp hose assemblies. From information available to me, Danicorp is no longer accepting purchase orders and may have ceased production entirely with an expectation they are shutting down.

What is most disturbing, it seems probable there are a lot more of the substandard low-pressure rubber regulator hoses within various SCUBA diving retail channels who are also probably unaware of the issue.

What is most disturbing, it seems probable there are a lot more of the substandard low-pressure rubber regulator hoses within various SCUBA diving retail channels who are also probably unaware of the issue.
My thoughts as well Mark. Danicorp is (was) a large supplier and many, if not all the majors have used them at one time or another. I sincerely hope (but suspect) that some brands who sell those hoses aren't sitting on this because of the cost involved given that Danicorp is effectively out of business and unlikely to make good to any manuf.

There have been assumptions about supply chain sources that may not apply to these circumstances. The hose material in question was produced by Goodyear Engineered Products a US firm previously a division of Goodyear and recently acquired by ContiTech, a German industrial products firm. Given their long history, it’s reasonable to assume Goodyear understands how to engineer and manufacture rubber hose. DaniCorp, a US firm, has been supplying finished hoses to both the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) SCUBA market and to wholesale distributors serving the local dive shop market for nearly 30 years. It’s likely nearly every long-time diver in the US that has purchased a replacement rubber hose in a dive shop has received one or more DaniCorp hose assemblies. From information available to me, Danicorp is no longer accepting purchase orders and may have ceased production entirely with an expectation they are shutting down.

Danicorp is folding? NOW I understand (but don't excuse) the less than timely communication...

I got my replacement hose today (I just ordered a new hose and will be requesting a refund). It is thinner and more flexible than the old hose. It has DGX on the male side. And it appears that the fittings are made by the same supplier as those used on Piranha's flex hoses (I order them because they have different colors) as the male end is slightly larger wrench side, and the female end is slightly different.

Technically, a hose without any manufacturer date stamp doesn't meet EN250 or Z86 standard, but that doesn't mean it is not suitable for it's intended purpose or of poor quality.

Has anyone received hoses from a different vendor with a similar stamp on the crimp?

Apparently Dive Rite has been affected as well, they just announced a recall of the exact same hoses. Danicorp made a lot of hoses, there are probably going to be a bunch of other companies announcing recalls too.

Back
Top Bottom