Dive Haven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I drove nine hours to get there, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Of course, I spent most of the dive looking at the fascinating rock walls. If you don't like rock, maybe you wouldn't like it as much. :biggrin:

They keep working on making it a better placed to dive. They have sank a school bus a couple of boats a van there is a crane that was left behind. Also they are adding a new covered changing rooms with bathrooms, the inspector is due out this week to inspect the septic tank. If everything goes well those will be up and working this weekend and hot running water soon to follow.

I have dove there three times. The first was in February of last year, in an ill fitting 7mm J+J wetsuit. Vis. was pretty good (in freshwater terms) especially between 30 and 70 feet. Below that it was WAY to cold for me. I dove it last Memorial Day and the visibility was so bad I swore I'd never dive it again - think pea soup. I could not see my hand when I stretched my arm out.

I had the opportunity to dive it again last weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed myself, its back on my "ok places to dive" list. Vis was quite good at 100' (10-12' at least) - there was even ambient light at that depth and, until the hells angels on scooters tore the place up, there wasn't any stuff floating in the water. Vis on the 140' platform was apparently at least that good. I dove dry and was toasty, I think my computer read 55 degrees at 100', that might be slightly high.

Here is the Shovel:

Attachments

• Dive_Haven_Quarry_Shovel_Merge1024.jpg
    Dive_Haven_Quarry_Shovel_Merge1024.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 342
EXCELLENT!!!

Most likely I'll head up there this weekend.

Thanks for the information!!! :)

I have dove there three times. The first was in February of last year, in an ill fitting 7mm J+J wetsuit. Vis. was pretty good (in freshwater terms) especially between 30 and 70 feet. Below that it was WAY to cold for me. I dove it last Memorial Day and the visibility was so bad I swore I'd never dive it again - think pea soup. I could not see my hand when I stretched my arm out.

I had the opportunity to dive it again last weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed myself, its back on my "ok places to dive" list. Vis was quite good at 100' (10-12' at least) - there was even ambient light at that depth and, until the hells angels on scooters tore the place up, there wasn't any stuff floating in the water. Vis on the 140' platform was apparently at least that good. I dove dry and was toasty, I think my computer read 55 degrees at 100', that might be slightly high.

So you really will not mind helping me with my mapping out there?

Which day? I may be able to make it Sunday but will have to check with the boss...

Mike

Don't foget sunday in MOTHERS DAY. I would like to come play but have been doing to much teaching and diving latley have to build back up my brownie points. Hey Martin we are thinking about doing the mighty O over july 4th weekend. Check in and check on it if you want to go.
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom