Dive House or Dive Paradise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boosted

Registered
Reaction score
My Girlfriend and I are taking our first trip to Cozumel May 26 - June 2. Needless to say we are extremely excited. We dive regulary in the Keys, but our only dive trip to date so far has been Turks and Caicos (awesome trip). We are anticipating this trip will out do the Turks.
We are doing the all inclusive package at Fiesta Americana through Bay Adventures which gives us the option to use either Dive House or Dive Paradise.
I know that Dive House is obviously more convenient since it is on the premises, but does that necessarily make it any better/worse?
We'd like a good op where safety is number one, some personalized service, decent surface intervals, and some food if possible.
Cattle boats aren't preferred, but aren't unbearable either. I know it is probably unavoidable to a certain extent unless you want to pay a premium.

Between the two...any feedback?
Thanks in advance.

Boosted:
Cattle boats aren't preferred, but aren't unbearable either. I know it is probably unavoidable to a certain extent unless you want to pay a premium.

No, it's not. There are small boat ops on Cozumel that are as inexpensive to dive with as the cattle boats.

I've have used Dive Paradise for the last few years. They have 8 to 10 different boats..if you want small fast ones, you can request these.
Although I think Dive House is fine too.
A bad dive op would not last long in Cozumel.

I like Liquid Blue (www.liquidbluedivers.com) and BlueXtSeaDiving (www.bluextseadiving.com) alot. I have used both and they are both excellent operations. They use small boats with about 6 divers on board as the max. They put safety as a number one priority, very professional, excellent customer service, spend surface intervals at Palancar Beach, which is lots of fun and excellent food. You pay a little more for Liquid Blue but you get more bottom time since they are using the new PST high volume, low weight tanks (100 cu. ft and 120 cu ft.). On the other hand, Blue XT will stop by your hotel and pick up all your dive equipment so you don't have to lug it to the beach when being picked up. You won't be disappointed with either one. There are also many other excellent operators on the island. Run a search and you'll be able to weed out the excellent operators from the average operators.

Just got back from Coz and used Dive Paradise the entire time. I thought they did a great job taking care of us and providing good dive selections.

Have fun

Dive House gets my vote. We dove with them in February and we are going back in 3 1/2 weeks to dive with them again! We had between 6 and 9 divers on the boats. The rides to the sites were between 20 and 35 minutes but they were pleasant rides. Our gear was set up for us and when we surfaced they took our gear for us while we were still in the water and set it up for us again for the second dive. The DM's were nice and showed us a great time and were also safety conscious. If you decide to go with Dive House be sure to get a dive in with Pirate!!! Have a great time!

I have gone to Coz 3 times and dove with Dive Paradise. I can't complain. Going back on May 8th and booked them again. My motto; if it aint broke, don't fix it. Good Viz, George

I used Dive with Martin when I was there in March. Smaller, faster boats and no more than 8 divers on the boat, we normally had less. You can choose the dive spot and we usually yet to a beach for the surface interval. They always had the gear set up for you and took it from you when you were done. We were always the first ones on the reef in the morning and they picked me up at the Fiesta Americana pier.

I am pretty well sold on Dive House but I am sure that there are many fine operators in Cozumel. I have dove with them for 2 out of 3 trips and are going back again in July. The last trip I was at Scuba Club but when we past the Dive House boats I recognized a lot of the DM's so they must be doing something right. If you are staying at the Fiesta Americana you have the luxury of gear lockers and don't have to lug your gear back and forth each day.

I have to say that the dive lockers is about the only luxury you have at the Fiesta Americana!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom