Dive House or Dive Paradise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
You mean the woman always wins? ;^)
Hey, when the women are happy, everyone's happy!

getwet2:
Hey, when the women are happy, everyone's happy!

I keep telling my wife I'm going to get one of those t-shirts that says "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" but she fails to see the humor (and the truth) in that one....

And if anyone tells her that I told you that, I'll DENY, DENY, DENY....

Canucklehead:
I keep telling my wife I'm going to get one of those t-shirts that says "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" but she fails to see the humor (and the truth) in that one....

And if anyone tells her that I told you that, I'll DENY, DENY, DENY....

At least my wife sees the wisdom of that quote and completely agrees with it.

I'm going to book Fiesta Americana tonight. The price, including air and the AI from Portland OR is $4000 for 4 people the week before Christmas. I'll say it is a present to me to go diving then.

As for which dive operator to use, Dive Paradise or Dive House, both are good operators here on the island. Did you happen to check your package details with Al there at BA? Depending on how things actually priced out in the package, you might get more diving with one operator than the other ~ worth checking for I know that Dive Paradise does actually give some free stuff in their packages while sometimes other operators do not.

Another factor you might consider is that Dive Paradise is American owned and has been arounf for over 20 years. Dive House is locally owned and been here about 7-8 years in its current form. Maybe not a really big factor in your decision about a dive operator but those of us Americans running businesses in foreign lands sure appreciate your patronage!! ;-)

i´´m in coz diving with dive paradise this trip. i´´m diving on their fast boats. service is just fine. only about six people on a boat. sometimes less. did devil´´s throat today. what a great dive. have fun.
Boosted:
My Girlfriend and I are taking our first trip to Cozumel May 26 - June 2. Needless to say we are extremely excited. We dive regulary in the Keys, but our only dive trip to date so far has been Turks and Caicos (awesome trip). We are anticipating this trip will out do the Turks.
We are doing the all inclusive package at Fiesta Americana through Bay Adventures which gives us the option to use either Dive House or Dive Paradise.
I know that Dive House is obviously more convenient since it is on the premises, but does that necessarily make it any better/worse?
We'd like a good op where safety is number one, some personalized service, decent surface intervals, and some food if possible.
Cattle boats aren't preferred, but aren't unbearable either. I know it is probably unavoidable to a certain extent unless you want to pay a premium.

Between the two...any feedback?
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom