Dive in Charleston, S.C.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetwrench

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm heading for Charleston, S.C. arriving Apr 9 and leaving Apr 12. Is there a diver out there in this area that can hook me up with a dive?

Smack

JetWrench,
Sorry I missed your post. I probably could have hooked you up with a friend of mine...oh well.....anyway, I'm going Shark fishing in Charlston this weekend (20-21) with another friend of mine...:):):) maybe it's better that I missed your post....my friend caught a 4 1/2' and he "almost" caught a 5 1/2 - 6' one.....yeah sure....almost..
Bobb

In addition to Charleston Scuba's boats, are there any good charter boat/captains in the Holy City? It's been a few years since I dove the Charleston area.

Charleston Scuba is probably the best around for local off shore dives and has dives to the Cooper river.
Off the Wall Diving is probably the one I would recommend to dive the Cooper with. Samsibileblue??? on the board is associated with Off The Wall.
Charleston scuba dive site and schedule can be found here.
http://www.charlestonscuba.com/
Off the Wall
http://www.offthewalldiving.com/

So, When you coming down?

Sorry just re-read your post.
The Answer to your question. Not that I'm aware of.

In town this weekend for a wedding. Thought I'd try to dive Sunday.

Lived in C-town for 10+ years and dove w/ Charleston Scuba many times. Enjoyed Y-73, Comanchee etc. Thought I'd try a new operator if one has opened. Maybe a nice day at the beach, instead.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Swamp Rat,
It is the season for the river diving in the Cooper. Have you looked at the things coming out of Cooper lately. Check out the website www.offthewalldiving.com to see the latest. The Ivory Tusk found by Kell from Atlanta is really nice. There are some 5 and 6 inch megs making it to the surface too. Many of the beds are changing and yielding items. Two SC dispensary bottles have come up whole and in good condition. The river has warmed so that the wetsuit is all you need now for diving. Get out on the river soon and claim you treasure and have a wonderful day of diving.

I would love to get out that way and dive the Cooper River I cant get my dive buddy off his butt to go. If anyone is headed out that way and needs a dive buddy let me know. I live about 5 to 6 hours away I think but would be more than happy to make the trip.

Rogue, If I had a boat that would support 2 divers I would say come on down seeing that I'm only a 1/2 mile from the River right now. Rogue, There has been a lot of water coming down the river lately and should be turning the beds over good. I have yet to get in the river this year do to current. I've tried a couple of afternoons but it was just ripping to much for the first dive of the year, With newly serviced equipment. Maybe I skip fishing one day and hit the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom