Dive insurance question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NOTE: DAN insurance is a differing origination than DAN and I do not think that it has anything to do with the regular DAN, but it does support DAN in one way, you have to be a member to get DAN insurance

I don't know exactly how DAN is organized, but I've worked in non-profit before where they had "branded" insurance programs. In the cases I've seen, they are white labled products from an insurance carrier, but the non-profit that sells them gets a payment either as part of a branding and marketing agreement or a specific % of sales. Either way, the non-profit (in this case DAN) gets a little something-something out of the deal.

All my instructors have recommended DAN.

I think we are going to go with DAN everyone who seems to have them loves them and the costumer serves seems amazing!

Greetings Triggerman and I have DAN insurance and have used their services as well.
They have more than met any and all expectations that I have had. As I have proceeded into more advanced dive training and diving in general I have increased my plan to fit the level of diving. This is a wise thing to always keep track of. Chamber rides, if you ever need one are not cheap! I also like the gear stolen or lost option as the gear requirements go up it is nice to know that the occasional "what if?" is handled.
They are always great to speak with both for emergencies and for service questions.
They are my recommendation to all divers.
CamG keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

My wife and I are looking into getting some dive insurance, we usually go on 2 or 3 dive trips a year.
:shocked2: You've been dive tripping uncovered?! While you may not need the coverage in Canada, you do elsewhere!

I don't think Dive Assure sells to Canadians tho.
I've had Dan. I went with Diveassure many years ago.. because of no depth limit coverage.
Dan may have that kind of coverage now.
Both use Duke U. for medical advice, any dive issue.
No (known) negative reports on either company.
Dan or Diveassure.. give either a call, you'll get a live person on the phone.
DAN has had no depth limits for years. Nothing against Dive Assure, but I'd still be a DAN member even if I insured there.

On a side note I plan on being a DAN member either way, I am just asking about the insurance part...which from what it seems a lot of people get confused about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom