dive insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K Mejean

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys. I need a little help here. I am about to purchase dive insurance for the wife and myself. I just want to know if any of you have used it. If you have had any trouble out of your provider and who you would recommend. I dive quite often but I don't know if she will. She goes through class this weekend. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

git-r-dun diver:
Hey guys. I need a little help here. I am about to purchase dive insurance for the wife and myself. I just want to know if any of you have used it. If you have had any trouble out of your provider and who you would recommend. I dive quite often but I don't know if she will. She goes through class this weekend. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

First, where are you going to buy it? An independent agent? DAN?
The reason I ask is you should check with your agent and see what your health insurance you have how will cover.

I have to check with them. I have blue cross health insurance. I was originally going to go through DAN but I have seen several different agencies out there so I am trying to get an idea of which is better.

git-r-dun diver:
I have to check with them. I have blue cross health insurance. I was originally going to go through DAN but I have seen several different agencies out there so I am trying to get an idea of which is better.

Unless money is really tight, I'd go for the DAN insurance anyway.

Even if BCBS eventually pays, you don't want to be paying credit-card interest on a $30,000 chamber bill for 6 months while BCBS finds ways to delay paying you.

Terry

I see your point. I was really leaning toward DAN but then I heard about NAUI insurance so that is why I ask. I just want to make sure I am covered in case something happens. I'm not worried about the money to get it I just want to be protected.

Web Monkey:
Unless money is really tight, I'd go for the DAN insurance anyway.

Even if BCBS eventually pays, you don't want to be paying credit-card interest on a $30,000 chamber bill for 6 months while BCBS finds ways to delay paying you.

Terry
Good point...

Doesn't PADI also have some type of insurance now, or is that just for their DM's and instructors ??

Yeah, if I remember correctly, PADI, DAN and NAUI all have the same basic levels of insurance at roughly the same price. I was all ready to buy DAN insurance for my family, and then these other choices popped up. So now I'm just sitting here paralyzed with indecision and probably won't buy anything.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom