dive insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if there are advantages to the V&B or others, I carry DAN Masters level for my g/f and myself, plus you get their magazine. Seems they are the more established of the agencies and in my opinion probably easier to get accepted at the different chambers. Not that I really know anything about dive insurance, just what I checked out and purchased.

ymmv

Chris

HappyFunBoater:
Yeah, if I remember correctly, PADI, DAN and NAUI all have the same basic levels of insurance at roughly the same price. I was all ready to buy DAN insurance for my family, and then these other choices popped up. So now I'm just sitting here paralyzed with indecision and probably won't buy anything.

That is exactly what I am talking about. That's where my problem is. I was set and then..... :huh:

HappyFunBoater:
Yeah, if I remember correctly, PADI, DAN and NAUI all have the same basic levels of insurance at roughly the same price. I was all ready to buy DAN insurance for my family, and then these other choices popped up. So now I'm just sitting here paralyzed with indecision and probably won't buy anything.

This is where I sit aswell...I started looking in to this, this week and am even more confused now...
I think with DAN you have to be a member, so for a family of 3 divers like mine, thats 44 (family membership) + 70 + 70 + 70 = 254 a year. Is that the best way to go, or is the real question is it worth the pice of mind?
I think DAN will do all the work if are injured and call them, i think? :confused:

Last year there was an issue with DAN and some locations in the Carribbean. I don't remember the details, but apparently they were paying too late and some of the medical centers stopped taking their insurance.

Maybe someone else on this board has more details.

I know of two of my dive buddies that have had to use to DAN due to dive related injuries, Hospital was ready when one arrived quick great service, all bills paid no money out of pocket, follow up with home providers not a problem. one diver had a livaboard trip that needed to be canceled because of a health issue, dan coverage allowed him to get his $3000. back from trip. soooo go Masters on Dan.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom