Dive Into Ambon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All.

I am looking to book with Dive Into Ambon. Can anyone comment on the location, and the connection between the Maluku Resort and Spa and the dive shop?

Thanks.

Can't comment. I know DIA (the dive shop) is owned/run by Kaj and Barb who used to manage KBR in Lembeh. When I went to Ambon a couple of years ago, DIA was still based at the old resort, and were actually closed for maintenance on the dates I was able to go anyway. I stayed with Maluku Divers. They were ok. Fred the manager was great, but the resort itself was a bit meh - I literally had a blade from the ceiling fan fall off in the middle of the night and smack me in the head, and I know crap happens, but when you're paying that much money...Anyway, when I inevitably return (psycho frogfish is still on my bucket list), I too will be going with DIA.

Maluku Resort and Spa is where DIA now have their dive shop. Not to be confused with Maluku Divers which is in a totally different bay.

Excellent - it's the new location I am looking at, although they aren't responding. :/

Anyone know if there is anything around this resort or if you need to eat there? I'm kinda anti all inclusive...

They were at Boot in Germany I think. Probably would expect them to reply next week.

A shame because I'm about to book and if I don't hear shortly, I'll have to choose something else.

Back
Top Bottom