Dive Key West around Halloween

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone up for planning some dives on/around Key West during the Halloween Weekend? I hear their Halloween fest is one of the next best things to Mardi Gras and I'd love to dive the area.

Perhaps if there is enought interest, we can talk Natasha in to assisting us with bookings.

Texas Mike, I am originally from Key West and yes Fantasy Fest, which they may now call Halloween Fest is somewhat Mardi Gras style, should be fun. The water should still be great, however when I was growing up the locals had little to do with the water after September. How silly we were. We actually thought it was cold sometimes. I may be down there myself this October, I am helping my Dad to get things organized at their house. My mother has Alzhimers and is in an assisted living home near my home in Augusta, GA. I am going to be making several trips to Key West up coming and hope to get some dives in during these trips. Hope you enjoy the Keys. They can be beautiful.:)

just got back from pompano beach florida.. would love to head out to the keys.... keep me informed :)

I would be interested in this trip.

Julia

Mike

I love Key West and would love to head down with you guys. The Only thing that would hold me back is my son might be doing his OW around then. He turns 12 in October and is itching to get certified.

Anyway, keep me in mind.

Ty

the Keys are where I had my first snorkelling experience that brought me into diving in the first place and I haven't been back! I am in, send info please! Mangrove Mama's - here I come!

I'd have a couple people interested in doing this! Is it too late or ??? Send me some info!!!!!!!!

If you all want to do this trip you need to decide what kind of trip you want.

Key West itself will be crowded and lodging will be more expensive due to the Festival. The diving is not as good in the Key West area as it is in the Middle and Upper Keys. Staying in the Key West area will eliminate traveling A1A and diving is available.

If diving is more important that the Festival I would stay in the Marathon area and you can either dive there or go north for some of your dive trips. You can also go South to Key West for some of the night events...warning: traffic will not be fun and patience will be needed.

High season does not start until November and you may still find some deals if you start looking now. Weekly condo rentals can save a lot of money if you do some cooking and have enough people to split the costs. These are fairly easy to locate through the web along with all the resorts. Lodging starts at about $40.00 a night in a standard no frills motel.

Many dive shops help you with your accomidations and travel plans. If you can all agree on where you want to stay and where you want to dive you can start looking for a dive op for your stay. They can advise you on the best lodging in their area.

One of you needs to volunteer to research some of this stuff for the group and everyone reimburse the phone expense.

Hope that helps...

Cathy

Here is the website for Fantasyfest: Fantasyfest

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom