Dive knife as gift for Dive Rite harness BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveTheDream

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've looked and looked, can't come to a conclusion on which way to go.

Please way in with thoughts ...

*pretty sure titanium is #1 for care/durability
*not a leg strap
*easily accessible, yet out of the way (on Dive Rite harness)

Thanks in advance.

Also, looking for a couple of other ideas of "must have" or just fun gadgets to give as small gifts ($150/under each).

trilobite & a pair of trauma shears are a better choice IMHO. If it's for a spearo then yes, a small BCD knife and a BFK for the leg, both titanium, would show the love

Last edited:
trilobite & a pair of trauma shears are a better choice IMHO. If it's for a spearo then yes, a small BCD knife and a BFK for the leg, both titanium, would show the love

This. There are only two times I can think of off hand when you actually need a knife while diving; braining something you've shot, or sticking it in the sand to use as an anchor in really strong current.
For everything else, a cheap pair of trauma shears ($5-6 on Amazon) and a line cutter such as the trilobite (or similar) will do the job, and is safer to handle.
If you do buy a knife, I don't personally think it's a good idea to spend much. Knives are among the most frequently lost items. Cut the tip off a cheap serrated stainless kitchen knife, or buy an inexpensive dive knife.
In fact, just like the trauma shears, buy several. Then when they rust or get lost, you just pull another out of your bag and keep going.

Titanium is certainly the lowest-maintenance option. But it neither takes nor holds a decent edge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom