dive knife questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the wenoka "big squeeze" titanium knife with the tanto tip. I love it its secre in the sheath and i easy to remove from the sheath with on ehand just grab it and it s unlocked and slides right out light weight wont rust cuts great. Is however a little big to mount to bc. I mount to inner leg

Just my $.o2

Rambo? No need to feel that way because you are using a particular size of tool. The important thing is having it, that it's sharp, and knowing how to use it. Titanium is 30% stronger than steel and 30% lighter. If you'll check www.knifeforums.com, you should find some useful info there, or somebody who can help you. It seems the most experienced divers, like SeaRat on this forum, have found a large and small knife and shears to be the way to go.

What people think of your appearance isn't worth wasting one second on. If that's their first concern, I'd keep well away from them myself, unless they know how to breathe water after their air has run out.

Why not always have them with you? I wonder how many people have scoffed at the notion they need two knives, carried not even one, and then died regretting it? If two blades are good for the SEAL's, they're good enough for me, (and the shears too). Now, keep your wits about you, and go have fun!

an old River Rat

Back
Top Bottom