Dive knifes still not allowed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KlixTrio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Cant find any recent discussions about this ban...Is still is still in place? last post I could find was from 2011 which said it was. Some people also say not to carry any knifes, even small ones because you can be charged? Is it even worth it to bring on the dive? Thanks!

First I've heard of it,

I haven't seen many people with knives when within the marine park and never a DM. Only a few divers with line cutters or other small blades.

Something sharp for handling entanglement hazards is basic safety gear according to most training agencies.

Interested to hear the other replies.

Great question!
Cameron

First I've heard of it, haven't seen people with knives come to think of it when within the marine park. A few people with line cutters or dir knives though.
Something sharp along least for safety.

Interesting to hear.
Cameron
Good to know. Was referring to something like this:Scuba Knife, Scuba Shears, Dive Gloves in Cozumel???

Marine Park Regulations and Cozumel Dive Guide and Log Book

The park rules state no gloves or knives.
I have never dived without at least one knife, and usually, plus a second cutting tool, and we have dived Coz often, with no one noticing or saying a word.

Be discrete, and keep it small and stowed.

I was doing a night dive in coz. The DM started trying to untie a rope that was about 25 feet long from a bag of sand that was littering the reef. My ezcut made quick work of the thing. Coil of rope in one pocket and cut up empty bag in another. On surfacing the DM told me that the captain had told him before we splashed that he had lost one of his mooring lines. He was happy when we surfaced with one. snip snip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom