Dive Light Maintainence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIWdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm getting ready for this dive season (yes, I'm a bit late, but this is already shaping up to be a busy summer), and I'm looking at replacing the o-rings in my lights, one of which is already leaky.

Does anyone know of a good reference for which o-rings to put in which light? I have a set of calipers and an o-ring data book, but you can't measure material type or hardness this way, and at this point I'd rather have new ones available before tearing apart my (so far) dry lights to take measurements, and I'd appreciate a backup to my measurements anyway.

Lights I have are:
Princeton Tech 4-C - one o-ring only, looks to be a -035, 60-70 durometer
Princeton Tech Surge - main and switch, main is very soft, looks like -029 or -030
Princeton Tech Shockwave - main and switch
Ikelite mini-C - main and switch, looks to be a -137 and a -010Quad
custom built 8xAA 16 watt LED handheld

Okay, I'm on my own on the last one. It's not finished yet anyway, so it probably doesn't count.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

I bought an oring measurement guage from McMaster-Carr for 20 bucks but, that obviously won't help you. As far as the material, it is probably the Buna-N (Nitrile Rubber) material. I couldn't see anything above a 70 duro shore hardness rating. With respect to the sizes I think the zero series dash numbers are way too small for what you are looking for. I would personally go to a local hydrauilc shop if your LDS cannot get one for you and get them to perhaps measure it for you and then you should be able to also ask them to sell you a replacement. I have attached a AS568 sizing chart that may be able to help you too. Good luck.

Attachments

• McMaster-Carr AS568A O-RIng Size Chart.pdf
    284 KB · Views: 137

Back
Top Bottom