Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is quite an impressive LED, however I am working with the local shop to try and get a video of it in use. There should be a dive coming up in which there could be the possibilty of the video. I will admit the only thing I am unsatisfied with is with how concentrated the beam is. It is concentrated enough to be usable and be able to spotlight things, however it is 15 degrees. I have contacted the company that makes the lenses to inquire about them making a 6 degree lense and I didn't really receive a yay or nay from them.

Lumen: 2400 lumen
Lux : 44648.24 lux at 1 meter 15 degree lense

Last edited:
Alright, so I finally have some video, it was taken in 1080P and uploaded to youtube. However, keep in mind the camera was mounted to the back of my hand and I was somewhat working at collecting fishing sinkers during the dive so some points of the video are quite shaky.

Video was taken by the GoPro Hero2. There are actually 2 of this dive light in the video. The light which I was using, and the light which another person was using who only appears in the first few minutes as my buddy and I went off on our own.

Visibility was about 20', water was 40 degrees. It may be best to just skip to about the 10 minute mark. The light did run in a low brightness mode during the begining which is where the flicker came from. We are working on resolving the Duty Cycle vs Frame Rate issue.

[video=youtube;atUCdAx7UKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atUCdAx7UKo&feature=channel[/video]

Back
Top Bottom