Dive log apps for Mac and IOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have our own app (divePAL) for iOS, but we do not have one (yet) for Mac :depressed:

We recommend Dive Log for iOS as they have a version for Mac too. Additionally with Dive Log (and divePAL) you can direct download logs from your dive computer using your iPhone/iPad.

+1 for. Mac Dive and Dive log. The Guys from Mac dive were very helpful getting the software working for the Eon Steel. 24 hrs after I sent then actual dive data so they could refine the program the new revision was out. Can't recomend it highly enough. Oh if you upload photos taken during your dive (and provided your camera and computer are the same time, it loads the pictures in the precise point in your dive

+1 for. Mac Dive and Dive log. The Guys from Mac dive were very helpful getting the software working for the Eon Steel. 24 hrs after I sent then actual dive data so they could refine the program the new revision was out. Can't recomend it highly enough. Oh if you upload photos taken during your dive (and provided your camera and computer are the same time, it loads the pictures in the precise point in your dive

+1 for Mac Dive, guys designing it are really great and users friendly, besides being a great logbook, it's also a wonderful database to sort out and follow the life of your equipment.

I have Macdive and divelog, but if I sync my phone with my mac, all my deco gasses are gone.
starting from an empty macdive, syncing from my iPhone.
does anybody have this problem?

Why don't you use a web-based divelog instead? Like divelogs.de or diveboard.com? That's the best solution for me. The dives are always accessible from any computer or smart phone, you can share them with other people and they are mostly free.

I can get it to work with dive log manager, But since i bought the macdive software i want to be able to use it, if possible.:D

I have been using divelogs.de as well but missing equipment tracking and many of the places I go dive (in Malaysia) are rather offline; so I prefer a combo where I can carry my dives offline on the phone.

I have now spent two days getting Mac-Dive set up on my iMac and Dive Log set up on my iPhone and iPad. It seems to work great, also with the iCloud synchronization and it covers all my needs.

I corresponded with Max who does the Divers Book app; it is a great looking app but Max admits it has many bugs and he doesn't have the time to keep it updated, unfortunately.

---------- Post added April 12th, 2015 at 05:21 PM ----------

I found a challenge with synchronising dives from my iPhone and my dive computer.

I manually enter details in "Dive Log" on my iPhone on location and then sync with "Mac-Dive" when I get back. I subsequently download dive data from my Suunto Zoop into "Mac-Dive" and that creates 2 dive entries per dive.

I found that if I combine the dives, bottom-time is double counted, even if I remove dive time details from the manual dive entry.

The only solution I found was to copy-paste information from the manual dive entry into the Zoop download and then delete the manual entry afterwards.

Any idea how to automate this a little better?

MacDive is not only the best dive log, it's one of the best pieces of software that I have ever used in general. The developer (Nick) is unbelievably responsive and helpful.

Is there any one who try both Mac Dive and Dive Log DT ? Both can sync to Dive Log for iOS.
What is the pros and cons?
thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom