Dive Master Mario in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stock545i

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does any one know where Mario works these days? He used to work at Living Underwater as a divemaster and met him early last year. If anyone knows of him, can you please let me know. I would like to dive with him when I go there later this year.
Thx

That guy goes way too fast and was as annoying underwater as most of the DMs I've dove with in Cozumel. I hope Jeremy can find someone more like Jeremy.

Agreed, Jeremy is awesome and has a great setup with the steel tanks. Do you know if Ricardo is with LU?

That guy goes way too fast and was as annoying underwater as most of the DMs I've dove with in Cozumel. I hope Jeremy can find someone more like Jeremy.

Mossman, since you mention having 40 pounds of photo equipment, can we assume that you take pictures underwater? If that is true, is it normal for you to want to frequently stay at one spot to compose a shot and/or to wait until your photo subject is in just the right position?

If that is true, and you are the only photo dude on a dive boat, is it reasonable to assume that most divers consider you slow and often have to wait on you to catch up with a normal dive group?

Mossman, since you mention having 40 pounds of photo equipment, can we assume that you take pictures underwater? If that is true, is it normal for you to want to frequently stay at one spot to compose a shot and/or to wait until your photo subject is in just the right position?

If that is true, and you are the only photo dude on a dive boat, is it reasonable to assume that most divers consider you slow and often have to wait on you to catch up with a normal dive group?
No, that's a bad assumption. Even if I weren't taking photos, I like to dive slow so I can see more. When I'm shooting wide-angle on a drift dive, I don't take very long to snap a shot. In any case, there's no need to wait for me since I can catch up with a kick or two. I'm talking about moving too fast, not just with the drift, but laterally as well. Some DMs need Ritalin and that's all there is to it.

I've never had divers wait for me to catch up. I have experienced many DMs constantly bugging me to keep up with their fast pace, even if I'm not shooting photos, and that annoys the heck out of me. I like to dive with Jeremy because, if anything, he dives even slower than my usual pace. Taking photos with him is a breeze and I don't get annoyed. If it weren't for Jeremy, I wouldn't be going back to Cozumel so soon.

I like diving with Mario. I have dove with him many times on Jewfish and at Aldora. To this day one of my most memorable dives was with Mario on Cedar Pass, awesome. I have sent you his facebook page in a PM. He was working Jeremy's day off in April along with Edwin and Ricardo.

Excellent! He was with me on my very first OW Dive #1 at Paradise Reef, and that was a memorable experience for me as well. He definitely had a few interesting stories. I am glad he's working with Jeremy. I have met Edwin as well and glad Ricardo is there. They are a good team! Did you see Gustafo as well?

Does any one know where Mario works these days? He used to work at Living Underwater as a divemaster and met him early last year. If anyone knows of him, can you please let me know. I would like to dive with him when I go there later this year.
Thx

When you find what makes you happy then Stick with it ! Just contact Jeremy at LU and ask . :).

Back
Top Bottom