Dive Op from Lahaina? Ed Robinsons? Diving West vs. South Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the posts! We stayed just outside of Lahaina, about a 7 min ride to town. For geographical reasons, we went with Lahaina Divers and were pleased. There are more divers on the boats, but enjoyed the size of the boat for our trips to Lanai, Molokini and Molokai. The staff was professional, friendly and DM's enjoyed diving. They also split divers into groups base on experience level. I think it was about 7 divers per DM.

Before we left for Maui, I really wanted to dive with Ed Robinson's too, but reality of location changed my mind - 45 minute ride to Kihei in the dark at 5am changed my mind pretty fast! Versus departure at 6:50am from house to check-in by 7:00am at Lahaina Divers. Morning sleeping won over diving. Plus when I checked in at Lahaina Divers face to face, I really liked them. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet anyone at Ed Robinson's, although they were very honest and helpful when I was emailing questions about diving on Maui. Shaka sounds like great fun too, but we didn't get around to the shore diving this trip.

Maui is an awesome place ... can't wait to go back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom