Dive-op promotion on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is self promotion by dive operators a part of the function of ScubaBoard?

No, it's part of the function of the Dive ops.

They are allowed to do some promotion within a limited scope and limited areas of the board. If you see something that you feel is abuse of that privilege, press the
report.gif
button so it can be looked at.

Most of the promotion of specific Dive ops is done by customers. That's how it should be, since that gives the best chance of getting both positive and negative feedback.

I can't stand when dive ops sole participation on the forum is replying "Come dive with us!" to every thread.

The best "advertising" that a dive op can do is to become a participant on the forum. Be helpful, informative, answer questions - other than "who should we dive with" - and you'll get plenty of goodwill. Treat SB'ers well (treat all divers well) and they will come back here and sing your praises.

Self promotion by dive ops happens and is encouraged within the rules. We request that you limit any offers (trip or gear) to Local Trips & Marketplaces or Classifieds. Other than that, it's extremely beneficial for us all if they would answer any user generated questions or concerns about their dive ops. Not sure how to reply to an inflammatory or controversial post? That's what I am here for. Feel free to contact me via PM, by Email or Phone; (407) 509-0947. I eagerly await your contact.

For a great way to learn about marketing yourself here, please check out How to Grow Your Business on ScubaBoard in our Business to Business Forum. Don't fret if you are a business and can't see this. Just join one of the many user groups that have access by going to Group Memberships. Join as many as apply to you, but only one at a time! You'll have to apply for each one you want to join individually.

Any businesses that are interested in advertising on the World's largest web site for Scuba Diving should contact Muggsy, HowardE or myself. We'll be happy to help.

Self promotion by dive ops happens and is encouraged within the rules. We request that you limit any offers (trip or gear) to Local Trips & Marketplaces or Classifieds. Other than that, it's extremely beneficial for us all if they would answer any user generated questions or concerns about their dive ops. Not sure how to reply to an inflammatory or controversial post? That's what I am here for. Feel free to contact me via PM, by Email or Phone; (407) 509-0947. I eagerly await your contact.

For a great way to learn about marketing yourself here, please check out How to Grow Your Business on ScubaBoard in our Business to Business Forum. Don't fret if you are a business and can't see this. Just join one of the many user groups that have access by going to Group Memberships. Join as many as apply to you, but only one at a time! You'll have to apply for each one you want to join individually.

Any businesses that are interested in advertising on the World's largest web site for Scuba Diving should contact Muggsy, HowardE or myself. We'll be happy to help.

Now that's what I call shameless self-promotion!

:eyebrow:

I can't stand when dive ops sole participation on the forum is replying "Come dive with us!" to every thread.
Tempted to make a poll on this - how many people are more likely to use an op that does this, vs how many a more likely to avoid an op that does this...

If you're gonna do it: PIR! (Post It Right!) :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Then you should have put up a redundant post as well - "Two is one, one is none."

:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom