Dive Op recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello. New to this site. Will be going to Coz via cruise ship on January 30th. Have 180 dives under my belt. Have dove with Alison and Aldora but neither are available on this date. Does anyone have any suggestions on dive ops that work with cruisers? Thanks.

If you like Aldora and steel tanks, Liquid Blue Divers. Living Underwater also has big steel tanks.

If you know you will be hitting the southern pier, then Dive With Martin is quite handy.

The ship should be in port from 9 am - 5 pm. I believe we will dock at Puerta Maya but not really sure. Things can always change.

That is a tough call... You are arriving too late for morning dives and a 5PM departure is going to be to tight. If the ship is scheduled to leave at 5PM you should plan on being comfortably back on board by 4:30PM. That schedule will be difficult to meet as even the fastest dive ops will take 4 hours for a standard 2-tank afternoon dive (2 hours bottom time + 1 Hour surface interval + 1 Hour total getting you out and back from the marina eats up 4 hours without taxi transport). Even an early 1:30PM dive departure puts you back at the dock after your ship has deported. Maybe some others here have some options to share but I don't see how it could work.

Hello. New to this site. Will be going to Coz via cruise ship on January 30th. Have 180 dives under my belt. Have dove with Alison and Aldora but neither are available on this date. Does anyone have any suggestions on dive ops that work with cruisers? Thanks.

How about Sea Robin? I love Alison, but Eduardo on the Ballena is pretty cool. Really nice guy. Sea Robin Cozumel - The best SCUBA Diving in Cozumel

+1 on Liquid Blue Divers. Kami and Steve are fantastic to dive with. Steel tanks, fast six pack boat and very accommodating.

I highly recommend Tres Pelicanos. They have the best fast boats on the island , great dive masters and they let you dive your own air. Jorge who used to be with Blue Angel is there. I used to dive with BA but much prefer TP. Lots of former Blue Angel clients have migrated there because it is such a great Dive Op. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom