Dive Operation Wise - Buddy Dive or Captain Don's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saylke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are staying at a facility in Bonaire in January that doesn't have their own dive operation. They arrange for dive packages through either Captain Don's or Buddy Dive. Does anyone have experience with both? We almost exclusively shore dive so the boat operations are not a big deal to us.

How do their reef's compaire? (I know they are right next to each other). Good availability of nitrox tanks? We used Captain Don's last time and they were a little short on smaller tanks for my wife. They also didn't seem to have a big supply of nitrox tanks but I could be mistaken, we weren't diving nitrox at the time, I just didn't see many nitrox tanks sitting in the nitrox area.

Input would be appreciated.

Haven't dived with Don's but did a week in early November at Buddy dive. Their drive through tank pickup is very convenient and they always seems to have lots of Nitrox tanks in both sizes.

Their house reef is pretty good but being next door Don's is likely similar.

Do at least one night dive there. The Tarpon at night are very cool.

Doug

I would use Buddy Dive.

The drive thru is great and they have a second location down south at the Belmar. I don't know if you will also have access there but you can always ask.

My wife and I are staying at a facility in Bonaire in January that doesn't have their own dive operation. They arrange for dive packages through either Captain Don's or Buddy Dive. Does anyone have experience with both? We almost exclusively shore dive so the boat operations are not a big deal to us.

How do their reef's compaire? (I know they are right next to each other). Good availability of nitrox tanks? We used Captain Don's last time and they were a little short on smaller tanks for my wife. They also didn't seem to have a big supply of nitrox tanks but I could be mistaken, we weren't diving nitrox at the time, I just didn't see many nitrox tanks sitting in the nitrox area.

Input would be appreciated.

I would use Buddy Dive:dork2:They have 3 locations to choose from:shocked2:Caribbean Club, by oil slick reef up north and In the Middle next to cap't Don's and the Belmar which is south. They seem to never run out of tanks either, Both sizes are available. 80's and 66's for your wife.

One more vote for Buddy Dive. It's a relative PITA to get tanks from Capt. Don's as you have to drive around the premises and end up parking in a tight space where it can be rather difficult to back the truck out, then you still have to walk the tanks a few more feet than the ultra-easy drive-thru at Buddy.

Picking up tanks at Buddy is a lot easier than CD's. I would also suggest you check out Wannadivebonaire. Bart and crew do a great job and have 3 different locations you can get tanks at. I have always seen plenty of nitrox tanks at BD and WDB.

Another vote for Buddy Dive. You can't beat the convenience of the drive through and they always have plenty of Nitrox tanks. I also use the small tanks and I've never had a problem getting them at Buddy Dive. We've never used Captain Don's, so I can't comment on their dive operation or tank availability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom