Dive operator recommendation for Port Sudan (non-liveaboard)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexchan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm booked to fly to Khartoum in March and want to go diving in Port Sudan (as well as travel overland/ferry to Egypt).

Does anyone know of any dive operators in Port Sudan? I don't want to do a liveaboard. I don't want to dive a full week but only a few days to complement what I'm doing on land.

I only found one place (Sudan Red Sea Resort) but the emails I wrote to them simply bounced back. I guess Sudan isn't on the tourist trail and dive operators aren't aplenty!

Thanks in advance.

A few years ago a Dutchman tried to replicate in Sudan the formula of places like Marsa Shagra in the early days. Basic accomodation, tents and zodiac dives. It didn't last.

Emperor Divers actually had dayboats going out to Umbrea and Sanganeb + a few other spots some ten years ago. Didn't work. There are no tourism in Port Sudan so it's impossible to run such an operation. Only liveaboards. Perhaps if you could hook up with some local divers and arrange for them to take you out. You'd need some people for that though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom