Dive Operator with Beach Access - 1 Day from Cruise Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic5

Registered
Reaction score
We are in Cozumel from the Oceania Regatta on 1/9/2013 and I would love to arrange for a dive. My wife does not dive. Ideal would be a dive operator based at a nice resort/beach with chairs and umbrellas where my wife can hang out while I dive.

Any suggestions??

Aldora (aldora.com) makes a long stop at a beach (was Mr Sanchos last time I used them). She could take a taxi there and meet you for lunch.

I was in Coz about two years ago...Mr. Sanchos was a great place to hangout, plenty of sand, nice resturant and bar on the beach. We went there for our Non-diving day prior to coming home.

Note: Coz does not have very many "sand" beaches that I noticed.

Also stay away from Hotel Barracuda as a pick-up point as there is no beach and that is where many of the cruise ship employees like to hang out so it will be very crowded.

I booked here last year and booked again this year(dec 2012)

had a good time with the instructor. little local dude named Jimen(hi-men) small hole in the wall shop. owner was pretty angry looking but if you get Jimen you will be promised a good time. Shore dive near the Caleta marina and I saw most marine life there than Hawaii, or any other caribbean dives i've been on...and this is a shore dive.

only $57 per person for non-certified diver. I am but my girl isn't so i have to do this.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com

There are 2 different cruise ship docks... find out which one you will be at first.

the southern dock is next to LaCeiba/El Cid hotel, which has a pool and beach, as well as a dive op. I think many cruisers use them.

the northern dock (right in town) does not have a beach area, but the Barracuda hotel is there.

Much depends on your arrival and departure times but you might look into Blue Angel. It has a nice vibe and is fairly close to cruise ship pier, meaning a fairly inexpensive cab ride. I think they have a boat that goes out around 10 a.m. No beach to speak of but right on the ocean, a pool, chairs, a nice restaurant. Another possibility is the Money Bar, also not too far south and which has a very nice beach, chairs, and a decent restaurant. I am pretty sure I have seen DMs taking divers out there for shore dives (I was mostly making like an iguana with my eyes half-closed), but I have no idea which op was working from there or whether there was much to be seen once underwater. It is possible they were just doing check out dives. Maybe someone else here knows what the story is there.

Aldora (aldora.com) makes a long stop at a beach (was Mr Sanchos last time I used them). She could take a taxi there and meet you for lunch.

Then after the second dive (1-2 hrs) they could drop off the diver back at Mr Sanchos, or another pier/beach club to meet bride to hang out for a drink, (just ask ahead of time) then cab back to cruise ship/town. Gotta call to check availability with the shop as it is high season at this point. Depends on ships schedule as well... Many more options if the ship leaves later, like going from Mr Sanchos to Rasta bar for a premium margarita on the rocks while watching the waves roll in.
p3160874.jpg

You won't want to leave at that point though!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom