Dive Operators in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi mgm333,

If you are staying at Kura Hulanda Lodge, you are definitely just a few steps away from us - when are you going to come to Curacao? Feel welcome to see us, so we can work out what we can do to make your dive trip a lot of fun!!!

Hi 300bar,

Feel always welcome to visit us, too!

Kind regards from Curacao
Andreas

Hi MGM
Sunshine here yes, of Sol Food but also a west end diver. Before the east enders object.... this is just my opinion.
We think that 90% of Curacao's dives can be done from shore. Of those dive sites most of them have a dive shop where you can rent air and even pay a dive master to give you guided dive. Remember, a lot of these shore dives are not offered by the shops as boat dives. There are too many great ones to cover. For example; you can get air and a guide at Lagun from Discover Diving, go out of the cove and go left (my choice of directions) but, the boat mooring is further to the right, a different dive and one that I don't surface swim to get to. At Cas Abou, again you can get air and a guide from Cas Abou Water Sports but they'll also give you a lift out to the cliff (left) and you can take your time cruising the reef back towards the shop. We think (again our opinion) that Alice in Wonderland at Playa Kalki (at the Lodge Kura Hulanda as luck would have it) might be the best shore dive on the island. Ocean Encounters West is located there and it is a very short boat ride to Watamula which is the site we think is the best on Curacao. Opinions aside, we go to Downtown Diving in Caracasbaii and often get a shuttle to the wall, go right and end up at the tugboat and snorkelers if we bring them. Back on the West end (because it's where we live) you can get air at Habitat, Porto Marie and Sunset Waters as well. Each house reef dive has just a little something different to offer. On the East end, and I'll apologize for not knowing all the names there are also shops at Jan Theil, Ocean Encounters at Lions Dive and the Hilton, The Dive Bus next to Breezes, and shops at the Marriott, Blue Bay and Varsenbaai and others. The Dive bus is great for what it has to offer; guided shore dives and transportation for divers staying in Willemstad. If you are staying at the Lodge, most likely you will be renting a car. If not, you need to seriously look into renting one. You would be able to drive to the different locations and, I don't believe the dive Bus would pick you up in Westpunt anyway. David and I live just a third of a mile down the street from the Lodge. Give us a call if you'd like a dive buddy or two on your first shore dive, or more. Oh, one other note. If you do not rent air at a site, there is usually a charge for using their facilities - rinse tank etc. For folks considering shore diving packages. Individual tanks run from $6 to $10. Unless you plan on 4 or 5 dives a day it won't cost you any more not to have to lug your tanks around. The dive shops will let you keep the tanks for night dives and early morning ones.
Enjoy curacao, above and below the water. Stop by to see us, you can't miss the large green house on the road to the Lodge.
Sunshine
Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao
curacaosunshine@gmail.com

Hey there-new to this forum, and am planning a dive trip to Curacao. I have checked a lot of dive operator web sites, and am leaning towards The Dive Bus; my only concern is that they are pricier than some, and are purely shore dives (they sub out boat dives if desired). Are they worth the price, or are there other operators out there that are as good for less? Any info. at all would be appreciated!

My wife and I have made about 35 dives each with the Dive Bus. They are hard to beat. Good people, heaps of fun, and they go out of their way to make sure you have the best time possible. Since they normally have small groups, they can tailor the diving to YOUR likings and capabilities. We' ll be back for two weeks this August.:14:
Tom

Wow...I'm really impressed with all the information guys-thanks for taking the time to help a newbie out!

Well,you get what you ask for.:rofl3::rofl3:

Okay, I filled in some profile info! Thanks for the heads up-and thank you both for the info! I will definitely post a report when I get back.

Others, keep the info coming!

I would also recommend Sunset Divers for the western portion of the island. My family (wife, daughter and I) had a good time with them last year. My wife was newly certified at the time.

We were also happy with the Dive Bus people. Mark does a very good job and is really into diving.

I am not sure where you are staying while on the island. If you are saying at Breezes Curacao one guided shore dive per day is included free while you are staying at Breezes Curacao.

I just got back from a week in Curacao. I got my open water and advanced certs from the Dive Bus. I have nothing to compare them to, other than the group I spent time with in a swimming pool, but they were great to me. I love those pictures from Alashas. I can't wait for a night dive.

The Dive Bus's rate for a 2-tanker includes picking you up at your doorstep, feeding you a light meal between dives (gotta do something for that surface interval) and carrying you home when all's done. Their business plan is based on smaller groups and a very personal level of service. It's unlikely there'll be more than six divers total in your group (DMs not included). That and the fact that some folks just don't get along with boats.

Limiting yourself to shore diving has pluses and minuses. As a plus, The Dive Bus's van is faster than a dive boat, so they cover more of the island than any other diver dive operation. They frequent dive sites that are east of the Bullenbaai, west of the Bullenbaai, and they sometimes hook up with Niels for boat dives on the north side (the surf is merciless on the north shore – much like the eastern shore of Bonaire – so shore diving is not an inviting prospect).

As for negatives, apart from the north side, there are a few dive sites scattered around the rest of the island that do not lend them themselves to shore diving (inhospitable shoreline or no access due to private land). Watamula, for instance, which is widely regarded as the best dive on the island (at least I think so), isn't shore-divable.

Thanks for the info on The Dive Bus; any info. about Hooks Diving?

diverdanmcg,

ask and ye shall receive! Did a night dive at Playa Lagun for more than 80 mins:

291660027_Zwbo2-L.jpg

291658107_bDghF-L.jpg

291659442_6jwQD-L.jpg

291659351_umftu-L.jpg

And dove the Dive Bus House Reef with Tim & Mark. They are 2 of the most high energy guys I've ever met! We really enjoyed diving with their first class operation. I do not usually mess with photos, but I just had to illustrate them this way:

282777415_Nikt5-L.jpg

safe diving, alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom