Dive Ops Around Cabrera, DR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HighSeasYoda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have any recommendations on dive ops around Cabrera in the Dominican Republic? I want to set my brother and sister-in-law up with discover scuba while they are on vacation there in a couple of weeks. Not sure how the diving is in that area, but I'm guessing they will love it even if the diving is so so there. Thanks for any suggestions and advice!

I am not sure how good that would be for discovery scuba, it is the Atlantic side. It,s not too far from Nagua and the water around Nagua is always very rough. You can try to set something up in Sosua, but that would be about an hour drive from Cabrera.

Thanks the reply. I'll look into Sosua - appreciate the heads up about Nagua. Would the waters around Sosua be okay or is the whole north side not a good idea?

Thanks

Sosua is OK, of course it's not the Caribbean coast as we have here. I lived in Sosua area for two years and dove there all the time. Sometimes is just a bit tricky to get on / off the boat, specially for the beginners, when the ocean is wavy.
Try Merlin divers in Sosua, a good dive shop that cares about the safety.

Sosua is OK, of course it's not the Caribbean coast as we have here. I lived in Sosua area for two years and dove there all the time. Sometimes is just a bit tricky to get on / off the boat, specially for the beginners, when the ocean is wavy.
Try Merlin divers in Sosua, a good dive shop that cares about the safety.

Appreciate the info. I'll pass it along that it might not be the best for a first dive & also give Merlins a look. Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom