Dive plan workbook examples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a related question: is there a workbook with sample problems to practice advanced dive planning (sport or deco). I have found some questions addressing one or other aspect of dive planning (optimal gas calculations, MOD, SAC, EAD, etc., etc.) but not hypothetical scenarios where various of those calculations are integrated.
You could take the eLearning portions of TDI Nitrox, Advanced Nitrox and/or Decompression procedures, or just buy the workbooks. Those would give you a pretty solid understanding and practice on what I think you're looking for. If you decide to do that, shoot me a DM and I can get you a better price than what you'll pay to TDI.

Even some of the NDL tables have some mandatory stop info (assumes single-gas):

@formernuke, my AN/DP equivalent was with PADI, and like you, we used computer-based planning to come up with the stops. Gas/CNS calcs were initially manual but quickly moved to using computer-based totals as well. Multi-level dives were the norm, and my instructor felt that teaching it as we would do it post-class was important.

I don't care what they say on The Walking Dead. Zombies are useful!

+1 for subsurface, it is free and functional
This doesn't make sense to me.

My AN/DP class was using software. I haven't even seen tables for deco dives. You need to know how much nitrogen your tissues have to calculate stops etc.

If I'm wrong and these tables are out please correct me as it could be fun to use them.
are you talking about the old posts from 2018 or replying to #32?

I don't care what they say on The Walking Dead. Zombies are useful!

They are just confusing, I think people are still replying to OP 😂

F9AB969D-6EB5-4F70-9C6B-59498092DC8D.jpeg

I have a related question: is there a workbook with sample problems to practice advanced dive planning (sport or deco). I have found some questions addressing one or other aspect of dive planning (optimal gas calculations, MOD, SAC, EAD, etc., etc.) but not hypothetical scenarios where various of those calculations are integrated.
Welcome to ScubaBoard.

The tools are software nowadays. Tables, especially for decompression diving have gone the way of slide rules.

There’s lots of applications available, both free and paid for on all platforms as mentioned above.

Your challenge is to understand the underlying theory behind the acronyms mentioned. For that you’d be well advised to grab a book such as Technical Diving: An Introduction by Mark Powell (other books are available)

Dive planning for decompression diving is all about balancing the conflicting requirements of the correct gasses for the planned dive depth and duration (bottom gas, decompression gasses — generally looking at the MOD for the max PPO2 and helium costs to achieve the required EAD and gas density), the volumes of gasses required taking into account the SAC and depth, also the divers personal risk (gradient factors).

In other words, what you’d learn on an ANDP (advanced nitrox and decompression procedures) course.

This is the fun part of diving.

N.B. Hope you’re a human and not a Chat Bot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom