Dive Portal DVD Magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xiSkiGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just finished watching episode one of John Chatterton and Richie Kohler's new project, Dive Portal Magazine. It was somewhat of a departure from the Deep Sea Detectives "formula", and I enjoyed the variety of dive related subjects they covered. Definitely worth picking up.

Good subjects, but I would have particularly liked some more detail on the subjects they covered and always more dive footage.

I liked it, but then again if someone put out a DVD with a dead cat diving I would buy it and watch it!

Got mine last week. I think it's a super idea. Shows foward thinking, and is a joy to watch. The interviews were a hoot, and the ability to watch the interaction between them is worth the admition price. I don't need to be wowed with tech stuff all the time, somtimes, I just like to be entertained. And that I was. I really like them, and look foward to the next offering!

I watched the Belize segment last night. I thought it was interesting but anticlimatic. 3/4 of the segment led up to the aborted dive and then oh, ya, we went to the bottom and it wasn't as deep as we thought it was and there was nothing there. I seem to remember hearing the two talking about finding a lot of lost dive gear down there but there was no mention of it. I'll definately watch the rest soon though. Never enough diving on TV anyways, :D.

Got my copy last week and i've enjoyed it. I agree, more underwater footage, but the topside interviews with Stan Waterman,and Evie Dudas were just as interesting as the rest.
I'm looking forward to more.

I thought it was great to see more of their real personalities than we do on Deep Sea Detectives, etc. A friend of ours dove with them in the DR a couple of months ago and was lucky enough to get to know them. He said they are stand-up guys and very approachable....not full of their own press at all. He was safety diver on a couple of their dives for Dive Portal and had a fabulous time overall.

Got mine a few weeks ago, I too enjoyed it. I too have met J&R and interviewed them for my podcast, and found that the DVD did show a lot more of their real personalites. At least more than Deep Sea Detectives.

I really like the fact that when Evan, their camera man had an issue that they left that in and did not edit it out.

I can't wait for the next one.

fda483:
I liked it, but then again if someone put out a DVD with a dead cat diving I would buy it and watch it!

Dead cats float.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom