Dive report: 25-35' vis measured at Front Beach, Rockport, MA, Sat. 11/20/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like it was worth the trip! The vis was a lot better than expected; I'm surprised! I'm sure that those checkout dives were much shorter than 125 minutes, too!

Nice pics; how did you get that angle on that sea raven? I'm glad you had a good dive... we'll have to check out that chowder next time we're up!

Sounds like it was worth the trip! The vis was a lot better than expected; I'm surprised! I'm sure that those checkout dives were much shorter than 125 minutes, too!

Nice pics; how did you get that angle on that sea raven? I'm glad you had a good dive... we'll have to check out that chowder next time we're up!

Yes, despite the long drive, Cape Ann was worth the trip again! I might not have said that if the vis had been 5' instead of 35'! :wink:

Actually, I was quite impressed with the wetsuit divers who did two dives close to an hour each! I know the instructor, a well-liked old-timer who's probably in his 70's. I certainly don't have their tolerance for cold! They were smart about it, using the wall as a windbreak, etc. I didn't see anyone shivering, so they did well.

The sea raven must have been too cold to give a darn! He let me take a bunch of pics at different angles and distances while he sat on top of that big rock. It was easy to get below him to try to have the surface waves and sunbeams in the shot.

Nate's Front Beach Restaurant has been great! It's a family operation run by a young guy named Nate, who is the main chef. His mom makes the excellent homemade clam chowder and other soups, plus some pastries and desserts. His dad and sister also help out. They can seat about 15 people and also do take-out orders. They have an ice cream take-out window in the summer. Prices are reasonable. I recommend them simply because their food is great and very convenient, and because it's great to see such a nice family doing well. The place is very popular.

By all means, try their clam chowder. :)

Dave C

Last edited:
The sea raven must have been too cold to give a darn! He let me take a bunch of pics at different angles and distances while he sat on top of that big rock. It was easy to get below him to try to have the surface waves and sunbeams in the shot.

Nate's Front Beach Restaurant has been great! It's a family operation run by a young guy named Nate, who is the main chef. His mom makes the excellent homemade clam chowder and other soups, plus some pastries and desserts. His dad and sister also help out. They can seat about 15 people and also do take-out orders. They have an ice cream take-out window in the summer. Prices are reasonable. I recommend them simply because their food is great and very convenient, and because it's great to see such a nice family doing well. The place is very popular.

By all means, try their clam chowder. :)

Dave C

The Sea Raven shot is quite spectacular. Could be poster for "Scorpinadae" Magazine!!! :D

X

p.s. sadly there is no scorpinadae magazine...but if there were your boy would make cover!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom