Dive report - Folly Cove 10/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is summer finally over??? Well, I guess I can start diving again!:)

JohnL and I got an early dive in this morning at Folly. Hoping to beat the storm, it didnt work out that way. It was raining and windy but the ocean was flat calm! And there was ample parking!! Suiting up in the cold rain was no fun, but putting on the 1/2mm skin at home really helps fight off the cold. JohnL was happy to show me how comfy he was in the drysuit.:rolleyes:

I didnt wear my neo socks and as soon as my feet were in the water, I let out a shriek...momma!! It was cold...I wish I had worn my 7mm vest too! The entry here has changed partly to a nice sandy surface. We went in @830am at low tide and it was a breeze. Vis was nice @15-20', average temp I got was 50F. Started the dive @12' and followed the left wall out to about 50', where I turned the dive as I could see the beam of my light shaking, I was getting so cold. Dive time 61min. JohnL was in charge of the dive flag and I was armed with my camera.

We saw the usual crabs, skate, lobster, lots o' sand dollars, urchins....I was surprised no anemones....I could swear this place was more colorful a year ago...it has been a while since I've dived there. Maybe the lack of sunlight didnt help.

We continued the dive right up to the shore where we could stand. It was much more peaceful underwater today. On the surface the wind and rain had picked up. Standing in just a bathing suit in the pouring rain I was again reminded by JohnL how nice and toasty he was....:mooner:

Ahhhhh good to be back diving in New England!:D

View from parking -
FollyCove102806.jpg

Surface swim (JohnL) -
FollyCove1028062.jpg

FollyCove1028066.jpg

FollyCove10280610.jpg

FollyCove10280620.jpg

FollyCove10280629.jpg

FollyCove1028069.jpg

Looks like you had good enuf viz for the camera. Nice pix. Kudos on diving in that cold water. My blood is way to thin for that.

Nice pics! It was nice to be able to get a dive in before the weather got too nasty. It was strange being able to feel the wind drag on the flag at the surface. I kept thinking it was pulling down and let out more line. Fortunately John didn't get any pictures of the tangles :11:

John, did I mention how nice it was to get in the car and run the A/C to cool down? :D

sound nice cold water dive, thanks you for your sharing

what..
ray
were goin to folley cove wanna come........
what...........huh........

50 :rofl3: My dive may have gotten blown out today but I can go this week where the temp is a toasty 75 *Miss sticking out her tongue - like a child*

Diesel298:
what..
ray
were goin to folley cove wanna come........
what...........huh........

Doh! It was somewhat rushed and just for one dive. Didnt think you'd be interested in getting on the road at 5:30am. I had to be done for the day by 10:30....a quick fix.:wink:

Missdirected:
50 :rofl3: My dive may have gotten blown out today but I can go this week where the temp is a toasty 75 *Miss sticking out her tongue - like a child*

Yeah, wait for me!:auto:

Oh, and...
:mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

:froggy:

johnnyseko:
Doh! It was somewhat rushed and just for one dive. Didnt think you'd be interested in getting on the road at 5:30am. I had to be done for the day by 10:30....a quick fix.:wink:
hahaha
your right

Back
Top Bottom