Dive Report: I wanna go back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bluefish:
Yep, we also live in a "vowel state."

Where is Abaco Dive Adventures? We stayed at Abaco Beach Resort, so that's kind of my frame of reference.

Make sure you visit www.oii.net to keep in touch with the Abacos.

Sorry to hear that you are "vowel challenged", but a few trips to the islands and you'll forget the pain of life above the Mason Dixon Line...

Abaco Dive Adventures is in Marsh Harbor. Recently moved to the Beach Resort where the "other" operation once lived. Their boats are convenient, and there are hot water showers waiting next to the shop when you get back off the boat. Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks for the website - I forwarded it to the gang that's headed back in May.

As for turning the rest of the world on to Abaco, it might not be a problem. Seems like there's more cyber divers than water divers, so we probably won't see too many flocking to Abaco. (They don't know what they're missing...)

If you go, post a report!

Excellent! We just loved that resort, and having a dive shop right around the corner is perfect. I agree with you on your cyber diver assessment, and the Abacos aren't the easiest place to get to compared to Freeport and Nassau. As they say, the Abacos are not for sissies....

MB,

One day, Donna and I are going to have to do this trip with you and Jo.

I am sooooo dry, I'm cracking. But then I've always been a little cracked. I thought I would get that in myself before some other smart aleck did it for me.

MB:
When are you going? We're heading back at the end of May!

We're planning to dive May 17 - 21, but right now the Abaco Resort and the Regattas appear to be full, so we're going to try to find a lodging alternative. It's just a buddy of mine & I, so renting a whole house seems like overkill, although that looks like the way most lodging is done in Marsh Harbour.

rdougmatthews:
We're planning to dive May 17 - 21, but right now the Abaco Resort and the Regattas appear to be full, so we're going to try to find a lodging alternative. It's just a buddy of mine & I, so renting a whole house seems like overkill, although that looks like the way most lodging is done in Marsh Harbour.

There are actually quite a few hotels and resorts in and around Marsh Harbour. Don't forget Treasure Cay is just up the road, and has a great beach, Hope Town on Elbow Cay is close by as well. And, no offense if you already know, but make sure you pronounce it KEY.

Here's a few Abaco hotels, though many of them are not in Marsh Harbour:

http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/accommodations/accby.aspx?island=32

Actually, we got lucky and a condo at the Regattas opened up. So we'll be there, May 17 - 23. Hope to see some scubaboarders there.

I recently got back from abaco, and I just wanted to update everyone. The trip was great! We stayed at Abaco beach resort.

Abaco Dive Adventures has moved "in town",about 200 yards up the road from the entrance to Abaco beach resort. Above and Below Abaco replaced them as the dive shop at the resort. We dove with them, and they were awesome! It was a brand new dive shop, but I think the people running it had been around a while. They had an awesome BRAND NEW boat, that was amazing. They set up our gear for us, and even had fresh fruit and snacks between dives. They even took us on a sunset cruise one night (it was our honeymoon). GREAT PLACE!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom