Dive report; UB88...Seriously

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil, you should have told me you needed GIS expertise. I've used GIS for two decades now as part of my kelp research and in my role as former V.P. of the Catalina Conservancy.

Good sleuthing. Although I'm sure I could get back into condition to dive it, wrecks just aren't my thing... unless they are covered with critters to film!

The best part about the wreck, and wreck diving in general is the marine life found there. Wrecks are like an oasis in the sand. The UB88 has more life in a concentrated area than any site I've ever dived, including Farnsworth. I can't wait to go back.
Hopefully we'll have conditions a nice as the San Diego group had Friday...80' vis!

Yes, but to some degree the life on wrecks (and oil rigs) is not a totally representative sampling of what might exist on a rocky natural reef at the same location. However, I do dive wrecks and rigs occasionally as they often make for easier filming of certain species.

Watched your video and was impressed by all the juvie rockfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom