Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J. Do you carry your kak or have some wheels? Thinking about bringing mine down this vaca (still haven't made the move from Missouri) hopefully this year.
Thanks
Get a cart with beach wheels. Dragging a yak across the sand is a chore! Most of the beaches it's 100 yrds or more from the parking area to the water.

I have an insert that goes up through the scupper holes to give the yak some beach tires so it is easier to get down to the beach. Think we bought it at Bass Pro Shop. It makes it pretty easy to move across the packed sand. The soft stuff is still a pain and more so with a weighted down yak. I have been wearing my gear down to the beach while pulling the yak. Makes for a good workout/near heart attack in the soft stuff. Probably should just walk my gear down then the yak or the other way around if you don't think anything will walk off while you aren't watching or have someone there to watch it. I have dragged the yaks out before I had the cart insert, and it's pretty hard to do solo(especially loaded down with gear), much easier with another hand, but ultimately the wheels are definitely the way to go. Last piece of advice... don't forget to make sure your drain plug is in before you get 1/4 mile off shore.

Nice dive today at Service Club. I did one last week as well. Visibility has been very good and temperature just right. Found a lot of nice small teeth for and an hr and half dive w my new to me hp 80. I tell you is just so lucky we live on this beautiful coast! Shark teeth hunting and diving doesn't get much better than that.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]What a super week of diving off Venice beach and surrounding areas this week. Kayak diving was great also. The visibility has been great 10 plus feet most of the time, with eastern winds at night and mornings with wind changing to the N - NW by early afternoon. So boys and girls grab your gear and get wet. Water temps are a mild 83 plus degrees even at a depth of 30 feet. A 3 mil suit may be a bit to heavy for some, but a 3 mil shorty works for me. Flat seas in the morning makes for a very easy entry. Winds pick up in early afternoon and you can expect 1 footers plus at exit from the surf. Several fellow divers have wondered about my absents from the board over the[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]last year. I had (diverticulitis) has nothing to do with scuba diving though...... Lol. Ouch ! Is all I can say. I'm 57 and I am retired. I'm so blessed. Oh by the way 5 inch plus megs are still out there for the taking. So Go get you some and have fun!

CalicoJack

image.jpg
[/COLOR]

6/13/15
Service Club
Time 8:30 am
Seas 1'+
Wind SW @ 10
Water Temp 85
Vis 0-1' close to shore opened up to 10'-15' after 20+ depths
Finds usual small stuff and a nice Hemi

---------- Post added June 14th, 2015 at 07:04 PM ----------

6/14/15
Service Club
Seas 1'-2'
Wind ESE @ 10
Water Temp 84
vis 1'-4'
Finds a 2.25" Golden Beach Meg tip missing, and the usual small stuff

Went out yesterday off Alhambra on a yak dive. Didn't go quite as far out as last dive, maybe a little over .5 a mile. By the time I got to the beach the wind had kicked up quite a bit and I didn't feel like contending with the waves for even longer before I jumped in. Hit the water around 12 PM. Low tide was around 1:30. I could see the bottom from about 15 feet up vertically. Lot of snot in the water. Visibility got progressively worse throughout the dive. Was probably around 6 feet near the end which would have been just after low tide. Found 6 megs. Biggest was a a 3 3/4 with the side cracked off. Didn't find a good spot till <700 pounds then found the biggest megs all at the end. Here's a pic:
20150625_234813.jpg

6/28/2015
Service Club
Wind SW @ 10
Seas 1'-2'
Water Temp 89
vis 2'-10'
Max Depth 24'
Dive time 133 min
Finds 200+ small teeth the seaweed is scrubbing the bottom and exposing teeth it all so is causing the reduced vis

Sat July 4th of the Hammerhead, FL West Scuba w/ DKramer
2 dives, viz 7-10 ft, 29 fsw, 86 degrees, winds from E, seas less than 1 ft. Fun dives, 4 1/2 inch megalodon & Hemi teeth posted in pics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom