Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Alhambra today .. Great day of diving . Between 2 of us found over 400 teeth . 2 small Megs . Temp 82 in 20fsw. Time down 2 1/2 hours .
There's also a very nice Tiger in the first pic.

14 June - 3 dives today from my boat.
Out from the Pier, Service Club and
Golden Beach. Viz was 4-8 feet and the
temp was 83F everywhere. Some areas
had lots of silt and others were clean.

Found lots of small teeth, a nice big hemi,
and lots of destroyed turtle eggs that got
washed out to sea.

Also found a 5 3/4 inch meg. Perfect serrations
and point but some enamel pealing.
IMG_0776.JPG

14 June - 3 dives today from my boat.
Out from the Pier, Service Club and
Golden Beach. Viz was 4-8 feet and the
temp was 83F everywhere. Some areas
had lots of silt and others were clean.

Found lots of small teeth, a nice big hemi,
and lots of destroyed turtle eggs that got
washed out to sea.

Also found a 5 3/4 inch meg. Perfect serrations
and point but some enamel pealing.
View attachment 375473
That is awesome

6/21/2016 dove the service entrance beach, 2 tanks, 82F, viz was 6-8 feet out ~200 yards from the shore for the majority of the time, a few small teeth, bottom is very silt covered, moderate current. Viz was better yesterday for sure.

South Brohard with dkramer and friend
winds light from E
tide outgoing, in at 9:30 am
depth 17 fws, in the blocks
viz about 4-5 ft
temp 84
tons of sea life, lots of baby tropicals, bait fish, arrow crab....and golf balls. see pic posted under pic section, lol

View attachment 377311 Made a dive today at Alhambra from my stand-up paddle board. I strap a 40/BC and my flag to the rear deck and my weight belt, mask, fins, anchor, to the front deck and paddle out. Visibility was 8-10 feet and temp was 86F. Normal small finds. Nice, fun dive.

Nice setup. I have actually been eyeing the new Megaladon SUP from Isle, fitting name, lol.

What type of anchor setup are you using?

I went with the inflatable Isle SUP because of all the D-rings they have on the front and rear decks - great for strapping down gear. Have used a conventional SUP for diving - works OK but the Isle has a nice flat bottom making it extra stable for handling weight belts/tank/etc. Have tried a couple anchors and even a dive weight. The one I like best is a 3 pound folding anchor - it lets you fold up the flukes into a nice compact unit and it holds well. Adding a foot or two of chain between the anchor and line also helps it hold and is still easy enough to fold up/store. You can find them lots of places like West Marine, Walmart, etc. I put everything I can in my front storage bag - easier to strap down the bag rather than strapping down everything separately. Also just bought a dive flag with a shaft that comes apart making it easy to store in the bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom