Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reports. I will be there 28 and 29 of March. Any chance the water temp get to spring temp, 72 degree?

Let's please try to keep this thread on topic. Post only actual dive reports and include conditions reports with them, use the thanks button, and reserve personal comments for another thread. I'd rather not have to start deleting off topic post. I will be deleting previous off topic post to clean up the thread.Thank you!

Went out today with CAPT Jamie

Vis at 28ft - 20-30ft!!!!! - first dive
Temp at the bottom first dive - 68 degrees
Some fragments - but nothing spectacular first dive. Unless you count the 6 inch 1/2 tooth - right down the middle hrm...

2nd dive - 10-20 ft vis :D
Temp at the bottom (28 ft) - 70 degrees!!!
More fragments for me - Dave found a 4-1/2 incher! - nice, but no serration left
Found one nice tiger shark and a gorgeous mako - too bad it's not whole :doh2:

Overall a good day - temp is really coming up! Vis is superb right now!

Attachments

• SANY0573.jpg
    SANY0573.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 91
  • SANY0572.jpg
    SANY0572.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 85
I sooooooooooooo ready to go you just dont know. I'm need my fossil dive fix.

Let's please try to keep this thread on topic. Post only actual dive reports and include conditions reports with them, use the thanks button, and reserve personal comments for another thread. I will be deleting off topic post to clean up the thread.Thank you!

3/20/09

10 am

Brohard

Seas flat

Wind E

Water temp 65

Vis 15'-20'

Got a lot of horse teeth, a nice mammoth tooth, not many shark teeth.
Will post pic later

Date/Time: 3/20/09, 2:30-3:45
Site: Service Club

Viz/temp: 15' to 20', 66* to 68*
Surf: 1'

Did surface swim until even with end of pier, before dropping down I could see the bottom at 19'.

Found one 5" meg, but only the left half. Also a couple of small beat up megs, and a bunch of small teeth.

3/22/09

Charter w/ Florida West

Seas <1'
Winds NE
Water Temp 64
Vis 20'+

This is what I got today

Attachments

• teeth032209.jpg
    teeth032209.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 135
We did the boat charter this morning, about a mile off shore from the park, seas running about 1-2 foot, water temp a chilly 64 degrees. Got about a dozen Megs the size of a .50 piece and several larger ones. Some broken but a good day for teeth..... I'll post a picture as soon as they are clean. Air temp was 80 at the end of the dive. Boat is the way to go!

probably should have added a quarter to the picture for compairison. Will do later.

Attachments

• sharks teeth venice beach 032509 001.jpg
    sharks teeth venice beach 032509 001.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom