Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Date: 3/17, 2 dives - Finally got my daughter down there for a father/daughter dive!
Duration: 90 mins or so AM, less than an hour PM (had to get back or we would have stayed into late afternoon).
Site: S. Brohard AM (saw Dana going in), then Alahambra after noon (saw her again just South of the boneyard)
Depth: 16-19 ft
Vis: 6-8 ft. for the most part. Snot was pretty heavy in most areas with a few thin patches of slime/bio-silt.
Temp: 72 F at 16'-18'
Winds: E - ESE
Tide: incoming in the morning and outgoing after noon. No surge to speak of and not much current.
Finds: Not much - found what looks like part of a pelvis, some horse teeth, a couple of scutes, a few small shark teeth, and a lost crab trap stuck in the blocks. Found some nice structure out at 19 feet at Brohard that had a lot of life and encountered a group of flounder in the flats around the blocks. Lots of sand dollars at Alahambra.
Vis was better than it's been and better than I expected. Nice and flat all morning and early afternoon. Can't wait to get back again.

3/23/2012
Service Club
Time 9:00 am
Winds SSW@ 10
Seas 2'
Water Temp 75
Max Depth 23'
Vis <1' til the reef line then opened to 4'-6'
Finds 4 7/8 meg, some frags, 2 nice 1 1/2" hemis and the usual small stuff
016_crop.jpg

Nice find Scott!

This post Via Proxy:

Alhambra
6' Viz
23' Water
75* Water Ditto to the 3mm, no longer diving a hood/gloves and such :)

I didn't do this dive, my friends did because I had used both of my tanks on M16 Reef 8miles out of venice, Viz there was 20+ Feet
Tide/Wind was on our side earlier in the day however we dove Alhambra aprox 4pm and tides/winds shifted.

Diving M16 Reef Venice Florida - YouTube

Last edited:
3-31-12
Venice Boneyard, North of Sharkies Pier.
Water Temp: 75-76..
Seas: 2-3'
Viz: 10-20'
Depths: 20-28'
Time: 9am-4pm.
Winds: S in the am. Shifting W afternoon.
Spotted a Water Spout South of Sharkies around 2:30-3:00 .
High winds and heavy rain around 4:30-5:00.
Good Times, Be Safe..

Boneyard venice
Viz 20- ft easy in morning I could see divers tanks...
water temp 74, divers wearing 3m :)
winds out of northwest 8-10 knots
Lots of boats diving around
next couple weeks take advantage of good vis dosen't get this clear often

4/8/12
Service Club
Time 11:15 am
Winds ESE @5
Seas Flat
Water Temp 76
Vis 2'-4'
Finds nothing big, lots of little stuff

4/9/2012

1st Dive was M16 8 miles out of Venice Viz was 8-10' feet with suspended particles
waterviz.JPGviz2.jpg

2nd dive was Alhambra bone yard in about 27-30' of water around 2pm.... viz was about 2-3' I couldn't see my hand arms length away, and sometimes dropped to even less then that making me rub my face into the ground to see.... no finds unfortunately... tons of suspended particles in the water.
viz.JPG

Here is the youtube video: Diving Venice Florida M16 (Take 2) - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom