Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11/10/2013
Service Club
Time 8:30 am
Seas <1'
Wind ENE @ 10
Water Temp 72
Max Depth 23'
Vis 1'-3'
finds
095_crop.jpg

Anybody been out this weekend? Really hating life because I'm stuck at work and it looks beautiful out there.

Does anyone have a recent temperature reading?

I am gonna try to go next week maybe Friday. Viz, dependent of course. If anyone needs a buddy let me know.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

_DSC0062.jpg

Finds from today... been too long! Thank you for leaving some for me! :)

As to conditions:

Kayak dive off Golden Beach area (between Alhambra and Service Club for most part).
Water temp : 70 ... really cold 70 considering no sun!
Waves: 1 ft or less
Viz... OUT FURTHER was AWESOME... up to 10 ft ... again OUT FURTHER on KAYAK. Was shocked as to how good it was.

Reserved last tank for Alhambra closer to shore (have my spot just outside of blocks)... viz was 1 to 4 ft (consider average 2-3... AT BEST... aborted last dive early due to poor viz and drift algae... at some points it was about as high as blocks).

If shore diving, consider Service Club based on what I saw closer in... was better towards South of Alhambra... but can't comment for sure. Maybe it will be better by weekend (check out SwellInfo for NE winds/surf).

But... Winter is here... viz better offshore. Less divers, more finds... consider a Charter or if experienced enough Yak dive...

Enjoy the Journey....

Question from one of those wussy Atlantic coast divers who likes his clear Gulf Stream water - how is November for diving and finding teeth? Been meaning to go hunting for some fossil teeth and as I'm planning on visiting a non-diver friend in Bradenton over Thanksgiving weekend, I may drop by Venice Beach. I've heard that stormy weather tends to stir things up and uncover some new finds; however I'd also like to know what kind of wave/viz conditions constitute a no-go.

Did S. Brohard this morning. Low tide, viz 10 - 12 ft. and water temp 73. Lots of snot & drift algae.

Question from one of those wussy Atlantic coast divers who likes his clear Gulf Stream water - how is November for diving and finding teeth? Been meaning to go hunting for some fossil teeth and as I'm planning on visiting a non-diver friend in Bradenton over Thanksgiving weekend, I may drop by Venice Beach. I've heard that stormy weather tends to stir things up and uncover some new finds; however I'd also like to know what kind of wave/viz conditions constitute a no-go.

Viz is up to what ever you are comfortable with as are the waves. it can be as little as 1'. There is A LOT of drift algae right now. Some of the spots I was on had as much as 2' of it. That's at S. Broward beach. I would imagine conditions are close to the same up and down the Venice coastline but that's a guess.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom