Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7/11/14
S. Venice Beach in the blocks
max depth 20 fsw, viz 6-10 ft
E wind, light, slight swell and current
Tide High around 11:30, I was in around 10 am
down for 2 hrs 10 mins
Great diving. Found a 2 inch Mako, a baby hemi & other assorted teeth. Lots of fish life as well.
image.jpg

Tight line, my buddy and I will be down at south broward at between 8 and 8:30 am if you wanna join us. Maroon Chevy Trailblazer with my avatar on back window.

Matt

Lol, I live in winter haven. 2hr drive. We will be on the road a 6:30 am. We normally leave at 4:30am but decided to sleep in. :wink:
we will be doing a two tank dive. 2nd tank should be around 10am if you can make that Mermaid.

Matt

7/12/14
S. Venice Beach
E winds light, calm
water temp 86-88
max depth 20 fsw
viz 4-10 ft.
in around 10 am tide incoming
shpwed Tightlines & friend the ropes regarding fossil diving off Venice. Lots of small finds and Tightlines friend found 2 pair of sunglasses!

Just a general question I have been pondering for a few years...how much good stuff you think lies just 1-3 feet below the bottom? I bet there are some huge megs and other great finds if they every dug up any of that stuff.

-Sapp

I'm sure there are many awesome fossils down there. Many may never be seen. Mother nature kindly throws us a few every now and then. I would surely hope nobody ever gets a whacked idea to start destroying the bottom just for some old bones. That would be a travesty.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom