Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday 8/8/14
S. Brohard with Dkramer
Winds SW 5 mph
in @ 9:30, dive time approx 1 1/2 hours
max depth 18 fsw, viz 5 ft or less in some places
water temp 82 on surface, 88 at depth
Tide incoming
No teeth found but found part of a deer antler that I accidentally threw out with all the crap we found. Saw a lot of cool tropicals, very large Atlantic spadefish, lots of bait fish with tiny barracuda mixed in. Found a kayak oar that we gave to a nearby boat diver to discard of. All in all a good dive!

8/9
South Broward.
First dive 11am
Viz: 5 to 10 ft in blocks.
Water temp: 88
Depth: 15 to 18ft
Found a large bait ball on the blocks that was being heavily utilized by some of the largest tarpon and snook I have ever seen. Was epic to sit on the edge of a block and have the sun blocked out while thousanfs upon thousands of bait fish swirl around. Spotted a small 4' hammerhead roaming the bottom. Went down to watch. After two passes by it came close enough for me to run my hand gently down its side before swimming off. I was in awe!

2nd dive: 1:30pm
Viz: 5 to 7 feet
Depth: 15 to 18 feet
Went back to the bait ball and spent my whole dive within and around it. Had one close call with a tarpon bolting through the ball but all was fine. Second dive was awesome.

Did find a couple nice horse teeth and quite a few small sharks teeth.
What an awesome day of diving. Wish I would have had a third tank.

Matt

8/10 S. Brohard
in @ 9:30 am for 2 hours
Winds SW & bumpy, incoming tide, some current
Temp 88, viz 5-6 ft horizontal, 14 ft vertical
Depth 12-20 fsw
Similar to Twisted yesterday, hung out in the blocks and watched the tarpon, snook & cobia circle around the baitfish & yellow jacks. Saw a hug barracuda when I first entered the water. Lots of tropicals. Saw a gray triggerfish & a sting ray swim by. Found 2 less than one inch megs and a few other assorted small teeth. Was an excellent dive for sightseeing. I hope the red tide does not come this way:-(

8/9
South Broward.
First dive 11am
Viz: 5 to 10 ft in blocks.
Depth: 15 to 18ft
Found a large bait ball on the blocks that was being heavily utilized by some of the largest tarpon and snook I have ever seen. Was epic to sit on the edge of a block and have the sun blocked out while thousanfs upon thousands of bait fish swirl around. Spotted a small 4' hammerhead roaming the bottom. Went down to watch. After two passes by it came close enough for me to run my hand gently down its side before swimming off. I was in awe!

2nd dive: 1:30pm
Viz: 5 to 7 feet
Depth: 15 to 18 feet
Went back to the bait ball and spent my whole dive within and around it. Had one close call with a tarpon bolting through the ball but all was fine. Second dive was awesome.

Did find a couple nice horse teeth and quite a few small sharks teeth.
What an awesome day of diving. Wish I would have had a third tank.

Matt

Matt,
It was nice meeting y'all yesterday. I was getting in the water just ahead of you, speared up a few nice sheepies. The baitballs were awesome! I wish I had seen the cobia Divindiva69 saw today.

the cobia saw you with your spear gun and hid Shark, lol

8/21/14
S. Brohard
Time 12:15 pm
Seas 1 ft
Wind started NE ended NW
Tide outgoing
Temp 88
Viz started 4-6 ft, ended 1-2 ft
Max depth 18 fsw
Dive time 100 mins
Found very few small teeth, fishing pole, other assorted trash. Had a couple of spadefish following me around & almost got run over by a tarpon. saw a very cool scrawled filefish, love that electric blue color!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom