Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8/22/14
Venice Beach
Time 9:30 am
Tide incoming
Winds ENE 5, calm seas
Temp 88
Viz 6-8, lower toward end of dive, not silty like S. Brohard
Max depth 20 fsw
Dive 2 hours
Showed a new buddy the ropes of shark tooth hunting. Found usual small stuff but saw lots of cool fish. Does not get better than this!

What size and type speargun you using?

Matt

33" Sea Hunter mid handle W/ single 5/8 band
Sea%20Hunter%20II.jpg

Depending on the weather, I'll probably be at service club monday. I'm gonna swim out to the culverts and see if there is anything worth shooting!

Went out with Aristokat Charters today and take advantage of not having to work. Hadn't had the opportunity to get my wife in the water all summer so we both did the two tank bone yard trip. I would say we were in the water around 8:30. Despite my wife having a BC malfunction Jaime got us in the water and we both pulled 3.25" megs on the first dive. Mine was about a 3/4 and hers was a slightly beat up full one, but it'll be one to save because it was her very first Meg she found all by herself! Yea! Viz on the first dive seemed about 4 ft, by the end it was down to 1.5 ft in spots. Second dive we moved out a little farther and had better viz(5-6 ft) but we got skunked on megs. I did find an inch long hemi missing the gums. It was nice to just jump in the water and not have to swim all the way out there or kayak out and get my arm bruised while trying to hold onto a sailboat for once. Overall we had a great day. Hope we can convince grandma to watch the 4 kids for us that long so we can do it again! Everybody was pretty exhausted after labor day burgers.

Thanks again Jaime for the great day!

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3DN6E0GYs

I had up to 8 foot of visibility in 20 feet of water via Casperson. Light east winds & seas at 8am becoming southwest with seas 1 to 2 foot around 2pm, current going south to north. Saw a foot diameter clear jellyfish and felt some stings from possible loose tentacles later in the dive.

9/6/14 Sat
S. Brohard with DKramer
winds ESE light
tide high 10 am
water temp 86
viz 5-6 ft
depth 18 max
bottom time 2 hrs
in the blocks, saw lots of tropicals, sting ray. a few sm. teeth found
saw a strange fish, can anyone identify?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
The Culverts
Time in: 0930
Wind: light from the east
Surf: flat
Water Temp: 89
Tide: incoming
Viz: 8ft
Twisted Bones and I dove the Culverts today (kayak dive). I shot 1 hogfish, a couple of sheepies and a couple of mangs. Saw a goliath grouper about 300lbs wearing a remora on it's head like a beret and some huge snook. I only did one tank, Twisted was doing a second dive and I'm sure he'll have a report to post also.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom