Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted to go yesterday. I got viz report on Saturday from a friend. Said viz was really bad. Like a foot. Winds were blowing. I went to Busch Gardens instead.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I generally dive every other weekend. I skipped this weekend due to vis. Hopefully the weather will settle a bit in next two weeks. If not then I will make a trip to the keys.

Matt

10/11/14
South Brohard
Winds: ENE 5mph
Surf: Flat
Tide: Incoming
Water Temp: 80.5
In: 1000
out: 1130
Viz: 4-6
Dove the blocks with #1 dive buddy. Not as many fish as usual. We did see several juvenile (<12") red, gag and black grouper on the blocks. Viz was 4-6 around the blocks and opening up to 6-8+ away from the blocks. Great dive but nothing spectacular to report!

10/12/2014
Service Club
Seas Flat
Wind E @ 5
Water Temp 81
Vis spotty some areas 10'+ others 2'
Max Depth 22'
Dive time 118 min
Finds usual small stuff and a large Whelk shell
The crab traps are out, something to get your flag hung up on

10/12/14 Venice Beach
Time in 9:45 am
Seas very slight swell
Winds ENE 8 mph
Tide low @ 10 am
Max depth 19
Temp 79
Viz, started 6 down to 2-3 at end of dive with lots of snot in the water and silty on the bottom.
Dive time 2 hours 20 mins.
As tooth stated, crab traps are out and only saw one stone crab on the dive. Had a nurse shark swim by, and a herd of sheepshead following me around. Found a 1 inch hemi and a broken 2 inch meg. Lots of small teeth and some odd fossils I have yet to identify.

Hey guys ,
My sis is looking for dive buddy to do some beach diving with when I'm not around and able to go . If you guys wouldn't mind tagging along or letting her tag along with ya drop her a pm .. Her name here is abalr4life .. Thanks she is trying to get out more

10/12/14 Venice Beach
Time in 9:45 am
Seas very slight swell
Winds ENE 8 mph
Tide low @ 10 am
Max depth 19
Temp 79
Viz, started 6 down to 2-3 at end of dive with lots of snot in the water and silty on the bottom.
Dive time 2 hours 20 mins.
As tooth stated, crab traps are out and only saw one stone crab on the dive. Had a nurse shark swim by, and a herd of sheepshead following me around. Found a 1 inch hemi and a broken 2 inch meg. Lots of small teeth and some odd fossils I have yet to identify.

2hrs and 20 min.? What are you diving ? doubles? rebreather? 115 minutes on an 80 cu.ft. is my best.

I'm diving a steel 100
got 118 min dive this morning and had 1400 psi remaining
would have stayed longer but had family obligations

I've gotten 2 hrs & 20 minutes out of an aluminum 80

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom