Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dana is that total bottom time or including your 30 minutes smoke break surface interval?

I guess if you're kayak or boat diving, and pull your tank pressure below the "safe" 500psi and you're diving in 20 fsw or less in warm water and no current, it is possible to get 120 minutes or more from an 80. My point was that beach diving it is unlikely, unless you surface swim all the way out and back and pull your tank below 500 psi. Do able but not a good diving practice.

Diving with my shorty steel 80 (the one you hate Dana) and when I dive solo, I dive till the last drop!

2hrs and 20 min.? What are you diving ? doubles? rebreather? 115 minutes on an 80 cu.ft. is my best.

At Venice we surface swim out, and back, my wife can get close to three hours on an 80, I need a steel 120 pumped to a cave fill to stay with her.

Diving with my shorty steel 80 (the one you hate Dana) and when I dive solo, I dive till the last drop!

Karen, I dive with HP steel 80's also, but I don't surface swim all the way out, I generally drop just past the sandbar, turn around @ 1000psi and surface swim once I get back to the sandbar. Being a DM, I try to model good diving practices!

Venice Beach
10/19/2014
79* temp
19' depth
90 minutes
5-7 vis, spotty around the blocks

Snook, flounder, jack crevalle, red grouper, stone crab, queen angel, razor fish, blennies, batfish, sea robin

handful small teeth- lemon, sand, bull

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom