Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took my boat out today. A bit of a swell heading out, enough to make my bow pound once in a while.
But by mid morning it was getting nice and flat.

Made 2 very short bottom check dives at Alhambra and Golden Beach - around the reef line. Viz was 6-8
and 77F at both places. Lots of silt there, quite a bit in some places, somewhat less at others.

Then 2 normal dives off the Pier in 24 feet and a mile off Golden Beach in 29 feet. Temp was again 77F
off the Pier with 10 ft viz and a moderate amount of silt. Out a 29 feet the viz got to 15 ft. 77F with a thin
coating of silt.

Normal small finds.

Took my boat out today. A bit of a swell heading out, enough to make my bow pound once in a while.
But by mid morning it was getting nice and flat.

Made 2 very short bottom check dives at Alhambra and Golden Beach - around the reef line. Viz was 6-8
and 77F at both places. Lots of silt there, quite a bit in some places, somewhat less at others.

Then 2 normal dives off the Pier in 24 feet and a mile off Golden Beach in 29 feet. Temp was again 77F
off the Pier with 10 ft viz and a moderate amount of silt. Out a 29 feet the viz got to 15 ft. 77F with a thin
coating of silt.

Normal small finds.
Saw you out there today , we had overcast day vis was 10 ft plus wter Temp surface 79 bottom 76 some good megs today found

5.15.16 South Brohard 9:30 am
Winds light from the NW
Current running south
Temp 79
Vis 5-7 in 18 fsw
Roughly 90 min beach dive

Hauled a ton of crap from the Gulf. Finds: one horse tooth and 30 beer cans, assorted platics, masks, goggles, crab trap debris, vodka bottle. Unfortunately had to kill a lizard fish stuck in one of those lovely wire traps. They should be banned from our waters! Oh, and divers, watch out for the boaters, not jet skiiers, who want to slalom around your dive flags.
If anyone goes out here, bring a large mesh bag for crap and a really good knofe to cut up tons of rope left behind from the washed up crab traps.

5.15.16 South Brohard 9:30 am
Winds light from the NW
Current running south
Temp 79
Vis 5-7 in 18 fsw
Roughly 90 min beach dive

Hauled a ton of crap from the Gulf. Finds: one horse tooth and 30 beer cans, assorted platics, masks, goggles, crab trap debris, vodka bottle. Unfortunately had to kill a lizard fish stuck in one of those lovely wire traps. They should be banned from our waters! Oh, and divers, watch out for the boaters, not jet skiiers, who want to slalom around your dive flags.
If anyone goes out here, bring a large mesh bag for crap and a really good knofe to cut up tons of rope left behind from the washed up crab traps.
Did u happen to find a black scubapro mask?:( I lost mine out that way

Last three days water temp 78 ,, vis 8-10 ft, seas flat ..great time to dive

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_091124779.jpg
    IMG_20160516_091124779.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 46
shoulder is back operating again (for the most part), I'm hoping to get out there Saturday.

5/22/2016
Service Club
Time 8:30 am
Seas 2'
Wind NW @10
Water Temp 82
Vis 4'-6'
Finds usual small stuff and a wallet

South Brohard
5/26/16
Winds: ENE 10
Surf: flat
Tide: incoming
Water Temp: 84
Vis: 10+ around the blocks
In at 1010
out at 1150
Diving with #1 dive buddy, saw some HUGE snook (3ft+) and an ever larger southern stingray (> 5 ft tip to tip).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom